CapitalSource Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.7

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CapitalSource (Chevy Chase, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I had 4 interviews one after another. Each interview was 20-30 minutes and fairly laid back. The interviewers mostly just wanted to get to know me and see how enthusiastic I was about wanting to work at CapitalSource. No technical questions were asked, but it proved important to exude confidence, intelligence, and a friendly personality.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would make you a good Credit Analyst?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CapitalSource (Chevy Chase, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen then In Person. Focused more on personality fit then on technical skills which shows when you actually get to the company as half the people there do not even have a business background.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CapitalSource in August 2014.

Interview

Interview took 4 hours, waited for the last person to interview with for almost 40 minutes. There were no people of color in that office. They claimed that my experience was not in line with the position.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CapitalSource.

Interview

Fairly straight forward; first a phone interview with the recruiter, second on-site with HR, third (separate day) interview with senior management.

Interview Questions

Interview

Typical hiring process, submitted resume got a call back within a week. Went in for an interview, was asked questions about my résumé.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CapitalSource.

Interview

Interview process started with a short 20 minute phone call. The in person interview lasted close to 3.5 hours and was with 4+ employees. I had an interview with two managers and two employees. It took over two weeks to hear back that I got hired.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CapitalSource (Chevy Chase, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Very informal. I was late by 30 minutes, but they seemed fine with it, and I was mainly given more information about the position and asked whether it seemed like something that suits my interests. It seemed to me that they were already committed to hiring me, and only did a brief interview as a formality to complete the process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, given a contract for intern

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CapitalSource (Chevy Chase, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

I received a phone call from an HR director who asked about my previous experience and salary requirement. I interviewed with three people. You should convey your knowledge of the company, the specific industry your job will be in, and ask relevant questions. Try to convince the interviewer that you will be a good fit in the company. The work culture is very laid back. There is no micro-managing. The downside is that you are essentially working for several people throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your school activities.?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose not to seek employment at the company you had an internship with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because jobs were hard to come by.