Capterra Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capterra Interview Questions

PR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capterra (Arlington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was super long but the management really seeks to hire the best and the brightest. They are very invested when hiring for open positions. First, you speak to a Gartner employee, then your "to be" manager and then you come in to speak with other employees and the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for another position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ballston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capterra (Ballston, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone call with a recruiter from Gartner (the company that acquired Capterra) and then moved on to a phone interview with an individual on the marketing team. The phone interview was very straight forward and focused mainly on my resume, skills, and strengths. After this interview I was contacted and was then invited to come to the office for a multi-stage in person interview. I spoke with 4-5 different teams within the Marketing department (some were individual and some had 2-4 people in the interview). Although the in person interview process was very long and draining, I appreciated that they wanted to really get to know me and my skill sets.
    Overall the process went very smoothly and everyone at Capterra made me feel very welcomed. Although I did not get an offer I really appreciated seeing their dedication to their company and their interest in what I had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: What email marketing Campaigns have you been involved in?
      Q: Which of our blogs were you most interested in?
      Q: What would be your walk out song?
      Q: How have you been keeping up with marketing? (blogs, books etc.)   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capterra in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. Was contacted by a recruiter. I was asked two interview for two different positions within the phone interview, made everything confusing. Recruiter rushed me and was essentially trying to get me to do her job for her. How am I suppose to know which role I would be better for?

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about two different positions, made the process more confusing   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capterra in January 2016.

Interview

The beginning of the process (essay questions, 30 minute phone interview) went very well. I had a nearly 4-hour in person interview, which also went well but was very repetitive. I met with about 5 different groups of people who asked nearly identical questions - it was a test of endurance as much as intelligence. After this interview, the process dragged on, and I had another phone interview. I was very confused about how a 10-minute interview would help them make their decision after such a long face to face interview and a very comprehensive process in general. It was clear they couldn't make up their minds and at this point I had already decided I did not want to work at a place that could drag out an entry-level hiring process for 2 months and keep a prospective employee waiting and waiting for an answer. Since they are still hiring for this position 3 months later, I see not much as changed.

Marketing Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capterra.

Interview

Capterra is a great company, and that's consistently reflected in everyone who works there. For me, the process was very enjoyable. After some email questions, a phone interview with the guy who would be my immediate boss, then with one of the founders of the company. After that, you come in for several rounds of in-person interviews.

Content Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capterra in August 2015.

Interview

I sent in an application through email. The application was mainly questions about why I wanted the job, but also required that I write an outline as well as the introductory paragraph for a blog post suited for one of their blogs. Their blogs are very specialized so this required a lot of research. I received an email a few weeks later, asking to arrange a phone interview. The interview was about 15 minutes and seemed to go fine; questions were mainly geared toward my social media use and my own interests. He said he would be in touch the following week. I never heard back. I eventually reached out through email and a day later got a response saying that they weren't going forward with my application. I was disappointed, mostly because they were evidently not going to get in touch with me again, which I thought was rude considering the amount of time and effort required to complete the application.

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capterra (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Sent in a cover letter, heard back within a day. I did a phone screen with the editor, and then was called in for an in-person interview. This one was long, and you can't always tell if your interviewers like you or not (honestly because everyone is so nice to the point of not being able to read them). I interviewed with probably around 8 or so people, grouped by department (content, marketing, etc).

At the end of the interview, I met the CEO, who seemed to be more interested in learning about *how* I think instead of my qualifications for the position. For me, that really reflected well on the company; the CEO was interested in problem solvers and creative thinkers, not just someone who comes in from 9-5 without investing any of their own passion in their work.

I was called later that day with the offer, and accepted the following day.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capterra in July 2015.

Interview

It took a couple of weeks and multiple emails to be given the opportunity to interview with Capterra. After a brief phone interview, I went to their office for an interview where I met with 13 staff members for a total of 3 hours. Sounds intimidating, but they have a great team and I felt at ease. After the fact is where it went downhill. I was asked to provide them with a reference from my CURRENT boss, which I did. After three emails asking whether they had received my reference, I was caught off guard with a generic rejection email. No "thanks for your time", no "sorry for jeopardizing your current position"...needless to say I felt offended and was extremely disappointed, after having such a positive interview experience. Very misleading and a waste of a months time.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capterra (Arlington, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was quite thorough in comparison to past interviews with other companies. I was required to submit my resume, cover letter, and several examples of my writing initially.

The first interview was done over the phone with the head of the content team. He asked me about why I was switching from political journalism to software content writing, which I suspect was to test my commitment to this career change. I passed this interview and was asked to come in for a several hour interview with several team leaders and the CEO.

My interviews went well with them team leaders and the CEO. Everyone was very friendly and relaxed, as well as casually dressed (it is the tech industry after all). I felt very comfortable and my interviews felt more like friendly conversations about software, B2B marketing, my writing, deadlines, past work experience, and my overall opinions about their website and where they ought to be heading.

Interview Questions

• What is your spirit animal? (this was my favorite)   1 Answer

Buyer Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capterra (Arlington, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

First, a phone interview with the COO. Then, an in-office interview that takes 2+ hours in which you meet individuals from 4 different parts of the company. You meet the COO, the Business Development team lead, the CEO, and some members of the Buyer Adviser team. Finally, you meet with the COO again to perform an on-the-spot customer phone call.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain the job to us? What is the day to day like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really any room to negotiate on salary. Pretty strict $35K-$40K range. However, incentive compensation for the position is kicking in soon, so that mostly makes up for it. The negotiation for start date is a non-issue. I wanted to start midweek; others pushed back 3-4 weeks due to circumstance.