CarFinance247 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CarFinance247

3.2

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CarFinance247 (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I do not normally post reviews about interviews that I have attended but on this occasion, I feel compelled to due to the positive experience.
    I had an interview with Natalie Downey, Head of Recruitment on Friday. I was ten minutes early and expected to have to wait in the reception until my allotted interview slot. Although I was ten minutes early Natalie greeted me warmly and guided me to a private meeting room where I completed the company application form. The interview was very professional and consisted of an overview of the company, the role and an explanation as to how the vacancy had arisen. We then went through a series of competency based questions. Natalie probed reasons for leaving and asked lots of questions about my skills and experience. The interview was very warm and engaging. Natalie is clearly a skilled interviewer, who is able to draw from you, your skills and experience without the process feeling intimidating.
    Another aspect that I found refreshing was the sales floor, all of the staff that I came into contact with were polite and helpful and looked happy. Car finance 24/7 certainly ticked all the boxes for me as a candidate and I was given a definitive timescale as to when I would hear back.

Interview Questions

• Competency based interview questions, reasons for leaving.   Answer Question

May 17, 2017 – HR MANAGER

Thank you for the feedback. your comments are appreciated. We are glad that you have had a positive experience and wish you the best of luck in finding a suitable role.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CarFinance247 (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I arrived at the office and everyone was amazing, very friendly environment. I then met my interviewer called Natalie and she was fantastic, she asked me some interview questions, told me about the job specifications and also told me about her experience of working with Carfinance247. I absolutely loved it. I will be hearing from them by Monday that if I have got the job or not. Fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

CarFinance247 Response

Mar 3, 2017 – HR MANAGER

Thank you for the feedback, we are pleased you had a positive experience and felt welcomed.

Sales Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CarFinance247 (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Lengthy but they are quick/very good at communicating. Cv upload...video interview.....online test (very lengthy)....face to face interview... then they accept you and give you the next start date... 4 weeks training (not the best as they seem understaffed in that department).

Interview Questions

• What do you think you will have to do in the role? How are you equipped to cope with it?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarFinance247 (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I came early to my interview but was greeted by the receptionist with a cup of coffee. The head of recruitment Natalie Downey was just finishing up in an interview but took time out greet me. I was then taken into the interview room and introduced to her colleague Iona who would be sitting in on the interview. Natalie explained the purpose of the interview being a 2 way conversation to ensure we are a good fit for each other.

The beginning of the interview was very informal giving me the opportunity to discuss my employment history. The structure of the interview helped me relax and gave me a chance to express my personality. Natalie then talked about the culture of the company and what the role involved. This was then followed up with we structured situational questions.

I was then introduced to one of the sales managers which gave me an opportunity to ask questions regarding the commission structure.

I thoroughly enjoyed the interview and walked away with a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me the last time you didn't reach a deadline and what did you do?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarFinance247 in November 2016.

Interview

Had telephone call with HR, discussed role and she invited me to interview with 2 senior managers from Risk and Compliance. Before the interview I was sent a psychometric test to do.
    When I arrived for the interview I was told it was with the HR girl, it quickly became apparent she did not know anything about QA. It made for quite an awkward interview with me trying to explain basic QA concepts to her.

Interview Questions

• In your last job you had a number of tasks, can you breakdown what percentage of your day you spent doing each of those tasks. (The answer was no, it doesn't really work like that)   Answer Question

Mar 3, 2017 – HR MANAGER

Thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear you had a negative experience however during an interview we would always ask for a interviewee to explain the basics of the paticular role they are... More

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarFinance247 (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Iona is an absolute credit to the company! Made me feel at ease throughout the entire interview, was a really nice atmosphere. The process consisted of a telephone interview followed by a face to face with her - few competency questions and a chat around my CV, then a tour around the office and a meeting with a manager.

Human Resources Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CarFinance247 (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

There was no reception in the building so I was let in by a member of staff and kept waiting for a while on a swivel chair near the staff lockers. Not the most welcoming of experiences. Interviewers acted like they didn't have much time for me and seemed to be "winging it" with the questions. Slightly intimidating, "laddish" culture. Left for longer than was promised for an answer.

Interview Questions

• Please detail responsibilities in current role   1 Answer

Lending Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CarFinance247 (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Referred from a friend - Recruitment rang me to arrange an interview when I was best available.
    Two Stages to the Interview:

1 - Formal Interview with Lending Manager and Head of Recruitment 2. Presentation with Company Director

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave previous employment? What did I do in previous role that would help here? What I knew about the role? A list of skills/qualities?   Answer Question

Complaints Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarFinance247 (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Professional interview but was also made to feel comfortable and completely at ease. The interview lasted around 60 minutes. I have been advised I will be contacted by the e d of the week with the decision/outcome.

Interview Questions

• Why I applied for the role?   1 Answer

Live Chat Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarFinance247 (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for this role online towards the end of January 2017. I received an email response asking me to complete a video interview. This was really straightforward. The link is provided, and questions come up on the screen, you then have 30 seconds to record an answer. There are practice ones so that you can get the hang of it. Took me about 20 mins total. The questions were things like "tell us about yourself", "how do you set yourself up for a great day?", "describe the qualities of the best boss you've ever had." Shortly after sending this off I received another email inviting me to take some psychometric assessments. There were about 5 in total and these took a little while (I think it says about an hour). They test things like personality (most like you/least like you kind of stuff) but also verbal and numerical reasoning, ability to analyse data and quick maths. About 2 weeks after this I received a text message asking me to call the recruitment team to discuss the role. We went through my most recent job history, salary expectations etc and I was invited for an interview the following day. The interview itself was pretty standard. As they had already asked "tell me about yourself" etc in the video interview this was really focused on competency based questions and making sure that you're a good fit for the role and the company. We went through the working hours, and the salary and I was informed that I'd hear back by the end of the week. I was actually offered the job the following day, as Natalie, the head of recruitment had managed to speak to the directors earlier that morning and they'd given her the go ahead.

Interview Questions

• What does "great customer service" mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you have provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you've had to be assertive.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you've demonstrated adaptability in the work place.   Answer Question

Mar 3, 2017 – HR MANAGER

I am glad you had a positive experience with us, thank you for sharing the feedback it is key to helping us improve the process.