CarMax Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Applied online and got an email scheduling an online test two days later. It is about half an hour test, 18 questions in total, all about math. Not very hard if you took some basic statistical and math courses.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax in March 2017.

Interview

HR initially emails with link to online assessment to take, which is quite similar to the IR portion of the GMAT (reading and interpreting information from charts/graphs). If you succeed on that, next step is phone interview with a manager in the department.
    The manager also has a business case quiz over the phone to begin the interview (which is a simple scenario based on inventory and processes at a fictional store), followed by a few behavioral type questions.
    The manager I spoke with was not in HR, and so wasn't a very strong interviewer. The questions were run-of-the-mill.

Interview Questions

• [During business case questions] What could the store do if the mix of available cars on the lot was thrown off?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CarMax (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Took an online timed assessment that was challenging because of the time given but not impossible. I was contacted to do an on campus interview with a person. Interview started out with behavioral questions and finished with a case study that you and the interviewer walk through together. The case study is very math based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your resume and analytical roles you've held.
      Short case study about how many cars a given CarMaz can have given certain rates of repairs and sales.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax in February 2017.

Interview

Have a 25-minute online test with 8 questions for preparation, one week after submitting the resume online and at university's career fair. Get the link for the test by email.

Interview Questions

• calculate and compare some growth rates
      calculate cost and revenue in different currencies   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first to an onsite interview. Onsite interview was case heavy. The behavioral interviews asked pretty straight forward quetion that are typical. There were no difficult questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Applied through my school and a few days later took a test through their website, pretty easy stuff. Then I had a phone screen where they ask you standard behavioral questions then do a case, which was kinda surprising. You kinda have to prepared to do a good amount of math and I definitely choked under the pressure.

Application

Interview

First step is to take an online skills test, basic math problems and interpreting graphs, just understand percentage change and stuff like that, the practice problems are helpful. Next there's a phone interview, about an hour long, some very basic behavioral questions for the first part, nothing surprising. The bulk of the interview is a case problem that the interviewer works with you on. The problem isn't too complicated, algebra stuff mostly, but there are a lot of steps and the interviewer is very patient and helpful is you get stuck. I got the right answer on the problem but I must've required too much help or messed up on the behavioral questions because about a week later I got an email saying I would not be moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an analytical project you worked on recently   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Before speaking to anyone, you have to complete an online skills assessment. If that's successful, you get a phone interview with a manager. It is primarily a case interview with a few behavioral questions thrown in. The woman was very pleasent but did not let you get away with vague statements. After that was on site interview. They set you up with a nice hotel room. You go in business casual, and do about 4 interviews. Three are case/intellegence interviews, one is behavioral. Everyone is incredibly nice but detailed. You do a drug test while your there and fill in any info from the background check. About a week later, they send an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through school career site and Carmax career website. Got a response within a week to take online math/economics assessment. Passed the test, and within a week I was contacted by a recruiter that I would be doing a phone interview. Interview consisted of business situation where we sell/ stock vehicles of various condition. I liked the quick process. Although I got the notice a tad late.

Interview Questions

• How many vehicles can we fix given that we have x number of employees/ lots that we can accommodate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and they got back to me very quickly. There was an easy online assessment and then a scheduled phone interview. It was an easy interview with 2 case questions but I messed up on the second. I would suggest to do some basic case practice because I didn't and it came back to bite me.

Interview Questions

• General Behavioral questions and Business case questions   Answer Question