CarMax Business Office Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CarMax Business Office Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.8

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

The interview process did not take long. First I had a phone interview and was told to come in. When I came it I think I did two interviews in one.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to do a lot of things and how you prioritized it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The interview process was long but easy. I first took a background check which was pretty quick, then interviewed with operations manager who asked a few questions and then I interviewed with back office manager who also asked a few questions and I was then offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Carmax?   1 Answer
    • How have you gone above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. All they could offer was 11$.

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CarMax (South Jordan, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online and was contacted a few hours later. We set up a phone interview for a couple of days later. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes and went over some basic things about the job, such as hours and pay rate. A few questions were asked, but not many. I was invited for a face to face interview the next week. That interview consisted of an online questionnaire (for background check purposes), then three additional interviews with different managers. They called the following day and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a good first impression. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Palmdale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The reviews on Glassdoor were 100% correct. I went in and immediately had to go to the computer to fill out all the information for the background check. Then waited 30 minutes for a 2 person-panel interview and they asked me why did I leave other jobs, do I become bored with jobs easily? Very invasive questions that a company should not legally be asking during the interview...but what do you expect from a company that does an intense background check on you. Then I waited another 20 minutes for a 1:1 interview which I thought went really really well. The guy talked to other people and then told me "We will call you if we want you to come back" which means hey, thanks for applying but you didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what did you do to help them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I got a response immediatly via email. One day later I recieved a phone call to schedule a phone interview. We decided to interview right then while we were on the phone. Interview consisted of standard discovery questions about my history, experiences, and interest in the position. Phone interview lasted about 15 mins. The interviewer has invited me in for an in person interview scheduled for 1.5 weeks out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Norcross, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very long and a few things were unnecessary.. The amount of paperwork they make you do is ridiculous, it's basically the same amount of paperwork any other company would make you sign if you've already received the job. It took them about a week to get back to me with their decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

First you get a phone interview, which is about 15 minutes. The first question was if I had any questions. If you do well, you'll get a face to face interview. I met 3 different managers during this interview. Also, there was an online interview then 2 separate face to face interviews. All in the sane day.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "tell me about a time..." questions. One specific one was "Tell me a time when you had to help a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CarMax (Laurel, MD).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and straightforward. I was asked pretty standard questions that one would expect for a job interview, for example, describing past work experience and my ability to work in a team environment. I originally applied online, and someone from the company called me a few days later for an initial phone conversation, which basically consisted of just discussing some of the details in my resume. After that I was given a date for an in-person interview at the company. Upon completion of the in-person interview, I was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Gilbert, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Went in and sat down at a computer to take a "background check" quiz. They need your social security number right off the bat. The quiz asks if you've done illegal drugs, committed a murder or rape(can't make this stuff up) and you also need to provide your license number, and previous addresses. Afterwards, they ask you to sign a bunch of papers that basically will release all of your private information for review if necessary. The amount of time and effort preparing for this interview went out the window because it lasted 4 questions. The hiring manager was aware I didn't have experience in the field, I know this because I was recruited from Indeed and put through the phone screening process. I'm very frustrated with their lack of preparation and disregard of the applicant.

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Requires a phone interview then face to face. The phone interview is pretty simple n straight forward. The face to face is all situational questions n repetitive. Unnecessary to me

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work un a team and what was the out come   Answer Question