CarMax Business Office Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CarMax Business Office Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CarMax in May 2017.

Interview

Did the application online. Received a call the next day to do a phone interview. That lasted about 10 minutes. Received a call on a Friday to schedule an in person interview. Waited a week and went to the interview. It was scheduled at 3:30 pm. I got there at 3:15. First I waited for about 10-15 minutes. I did the online background interview. In total I had 3 interviews with three different managers. Basic situational questions. The whole interview process went good and I thought I would get the job. They sent me an email days later saying they are pursuing other candidates... Not what I expected since everything went well, imo. The whole interview took about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Palmdale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The reviews on Glassdoor were 100% correct. I went in and immediately had to go to the computer to fill out all the information for the background check. Then waited 30 minutes for a 2 person-panel interview and they asked me why did I leave other jobs, do I become bored with jobs easily? Very invasive questions that a company should not legally be asking during the interview...but what do you expect from a company that does an intense background check on you. Then I waited another 20 minutes for a 1:1 interview which I thought went really really well. The guy talked to other people and then told me "We will call you if we want you to come back" which means hey, thanks for applying but you didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what did you do to help them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Norcross, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very long and a few things were unnecessary.. The amount of paperwork they make you do is ridiculous, it's basically the same amount of paperwork any other company would make you sign if you've already received the job. It took them about a week to get back to me with their decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

First you get a phone interview, which is about 15 minutes. The first question was if I had any questions. If you do well, you'll get a face to face interview. I met 3 different managers during this interview. Also, there was an online interview then 2 separate face to face interviews. All in the sane day.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "tell me about a time..." questions. One specific one was "Tell me a time when you had to help a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Gilbert, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Went in and sat down at a computer to take a "background check" quiz. They need your social security number right off the bat. The quiz asks if you've done illegal drugs, committed a murder or rape(can't make this stuff up) and you also need to provide your license number, and previous addresses. Afterwards, they ask you to sign a bunch of papers that basically will release all of your private information for review if necessary. The amount of time and effort preparing for this interview went out the window because it lasted 4 questions. The hiring manager was aware I didn't have experience in the field, I know this because I was recruited from Indeed and put through the phone screening process. I'm very frustrated with their lack of preparation and disregard of the applicant.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

First you have to answer a really long questionaire maybe 100 questons. Finally you receive a call and you have an over the phone interview with the business assistant manager. After that set up an in store interview. To your surprise you have to do another questionaire there on their computer "online interview" oh lets not forget all the papers they make you sign as if they already offered you a job. After that you must interview with the purchasing manager. And finally after that Interview with the sales manager and again the business office assistant manager because the over the phone interview wasn't enough. I wasn't offered the job but I'm guessing if they are interested in you than you would still have to interview with the actual business manager. I was just left with we will call you if you get the job. Make sure you have several hours to waste for their lengthy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do and what was the outcome? All there questions are situational and most are repetitive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Memphis, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick turnaround. Phone interview day after filled out application. Interviewed with two people but it would have been more. The criminal background questions were kind of creepy. Never had a job ask if I were a rapist or drug dealer. There was waiting as others have stated. Everyone's comments are really actual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took about 2weeks. The questions were typical star format questions. Interviewers are very strict on how you answer the questions but tell you to be yourself. Make sure to research STAR format questions as well as think quickly on your feet. I was later emailed that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer.

Describe your strengths in 3 words

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Spent a very long time waiting there, over an hour. Finally they took me to do a computer assessment. Then I waited some more. Then there was another computer assessment. Then they interviewed me. Much more concerned with my employment history and any gaps in it than the questions they asked and the answers I gave.

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CarMax in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview andvthen in person. You will take a test going backm7 years about your personal habits. You will slso be asked ifbyou told any falsehoods on your application, as n if they are giving you a chance fpr redemption. They do VERY in depth research.