CarMax Business Office Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.8

99 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Palmdale, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The reviews on Glassdoor were 100% correct. I went in and immediately had to go to the computer to fill out all the information for the background check. Then waited 30 minutes for a 2 person-panel interview and they asked me why did I leave other jobs, do I become bored with jobs easily? Very invasive questions that a company should not legally be asking during the interview...but what do you expect from a company that does an intense background check on you. Then I waited another 20 minutes for a 1:1 interview which I thought went really really well. The guy talked to other people and then told me "We will call you if we want you to come back" which means hey, thanks for applying but you didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer, what did you do to help them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Norcross, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very long and a few things were unnecessary.. The amount of paperwork they make you do is ridiculous, it's basically the same amount of paperwork any other company would make you sign if you've already received the job. It took them about a week to get back to me with their decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

First you get a phone interview, which is about 15 minutes. The first question was if I had any questions. If you do well, you'll get a face to face interview. I met 3 different managers during this interview. Also, there was an online interview then 2 separate face to face interviews. All in the sane day.

Interview Questions

• A lot of "tell me about a time..." questions. One specific one was "Tell me a time when you had to help a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CarMax (Laurel, MD).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and straightforward. I was asked pretty standard questions that one would expect for a job interview, for example, describing past work experience and my ability to work in a team environment. I originally applied online, and someone from the company called me a few days later for an initial phone conversation, which basically consisted of just discussing some of the details in my resume. After that I was given a date for an in-person interview at the company. Upon completion of the in-person interview, I was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Gilbert, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Went in and sat down at a computer to take a "background check" quiz. They need your social security number right off the bat. The quiz asks if you've done illegal drugs, committed a murder or rape(can't make this stuff up) and you also need to provide your license number, and previous addresses. Afterwards, they ask you to sign a bunch of papers that basically will release all of your private information for review if necessary. The amount of time and effort preparing for this interview went out the window because it lasted 4 questions. The hiring manager was aware I didn't have experience in the field, I know this because I was recruited from Indeed and put through the phone screening process. I'm very frustrated with their lack of preparation and disregard of the applicant.

Business Office Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Requires a phone interview then face to face. The phone interview is pretty simple n straight forward. The face to face is all situational questions n repetitive. Unnecessary to me

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work un a team and what was the out come   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

After you apply you'll receive a call from the Managers Assistant to schedule a phone interview. If you make to through to phone interview , they will invite you to do a on site interview.You come in and do some identity verification online. Then you met with a couple of managers. If they're interested they invite you to a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax (Bakersfield, CA).

Interview

First you have to answer a really long questionaire maybe 100 questons. Finally you receive a call and you have an over the phone interview with the business assistant manager. After that set up an in store interview. To your surprise you have to do another questionaire there on their computer "online interview" oh lets not forget all the papers they make you sign as if they already offered you a job. After that you must interview with the purchasing manager. And finally after that Interview with the sales manager and again the business office assistant manager because the over the phone interview wasn't enough. I wasn't offered the job but I'm guessing if they are interested in you than you would still have to interview with the actual business manager. I was just left with we will call you if you get the job. Make sure you have several hours to waste for their lengthy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do and what was the outcome? All there questions are situational and most are repetitive.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CarMax (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty easy interview process. interviewer was very nice. The Same day you come in for a face to face they do a drug test if they decide to move forward with you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you received direct criticism from your manager. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Memphis, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick turnaround. Phone interview day after filled out application. Interviewed with two people but it would have been more. The criminal background questions were kind of creepy. Never had a job ask if I were a rapist or drug dealer. There was waiting as others have stated. Everyone's comments are really actual.