CarMax IT Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CarMax IT Associate Interview Questions

3.7

IT Associate Interview

Interview

Starts with less formal phone interview, then online personality testing which asks you the same questions 5 different ways to determine if you are being honest.

Next, it's an all work-day interview, which is a bit excessive for this level of job. I mean, if it was for an executive, I could understand all-day interviews (probably with multiple days - this was only 1 day).

Multiple interviews with many people. Mix of technical and behavioral questions with emphasis on behavioral. Then math and reasoning testing, a lot of percentages, charts, and reading comprehension...some of it a bit challenging.

To end, drug testing and authorizations for Social Security look-up so they can verify your salary...SS check is very intrusive but basically you have no choice if you want to proceed with hiring process.

It was a very thorough process and I actually enjoyed it, but the all-day interview was a bit excessive for this level of position and salary.

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

First round was oncampus- included some technical and some behavioral questions.
    second round was at home office in Richmond and consisted of 2 1hr. interviews. They brought in a 10 page packet of behavioral and technical questions. Interviews were very tedious

Interview Questions

• write a sql statement that includes a nested function   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

Did a screening interview through university, then got called for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions