CarMax Manager's Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CarMax Manager's Assistant Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax in April 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went really well. mainly asked questions about working habits and attitude. Was asked to attend hiring center, which consists of finishing paper work, agreeing to intensive background check as well as panel interview.

Interview Questions

• they aren't vague about how you should answer questions. very straight forward.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Manager's Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tolleson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Tolleson, AZ) in June 2013.

Interview

Online app, then phone, then an in-person interview with many different people in different rooms, repeating same questions. They even called at one point to re-schedule my in-person interview to move it up. Confusing process, they were a little disorganized. Most questions were concerning criminal activity more than actual work experience or qualifications.

I ended up going room to room with different people, often repeating the same answers. The questions were worded odd, as if you had done something wrong. Not, "Have you ever been fired from a previous job" but "When were you fired from a previous job" things like that. Because I had a clear background I almost feel like they assumed I was a liar or something. I felt I did a very good job and I was exactly what they were looking for, so I don't know what happened.

After about an hour one of the men came out and was very short in saying, "We have other people to interview, we'll let you know in 7 days. Thank you" and that was it. From what I've heard, that is Carmax's way of saying you are rejected, basically. You'll get an email about a week later confirming you are not their choice.

Interview Questions

• None really, but I was shocked at how they seem to perceive everyone as dishonestl.   Answer Question