CarMax Interview Questions in Kennesaw, GA | Glassdoor

CarMax Interview Questions in Kennesaw, GA

Updated Feb 4, 2017

Senior Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy. Begins with online application, then a personality test of approximately 300 questions, call from recruiter to schedule a telephone interview, telephone interview, in-person interview scheduled, interview for 6hrs in office along with an online assessment for an hour upon arrival, an employee will take you to lunch, extensive tell me about a time questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with a difficult challenge at work   Answer Question

Business Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took about 2weeks. The questions were typical star format questions. Interviewers are very strict on how you answer the questions but tell you to be yourself. Make sure to research STAR format questions as well as think quickly on your feet. I was later emailed that I did not receive the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer.

Describe your strengths in 3 words

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very calm and easy going atmosphere. You can tell that they (interviewers) definitely want to make you feel comfortable. Nothing too stuffy. Just be yourself. First round was a phone call with one of the managers just asking basic interview questions. Next round was in person with a different manager who also asked basic interview questions, just more in depth.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Before speaking to anyone, you have to complete an online skills assessment. If that's successful, you get a phone interview with a manager. It is primarily a case interview with a few behavioral questions thrown in. The woman was very pleasent but did not let you get away with vague statements. After that was on site interview. They set you up with a nice hotel room. You go in business casual, and do about 4 interviews. Three are case/intellegence interviews, one is behavioral. Everyone is incredibly nice but detailed. You do a drug test while your there and fill in any info from the background check. About a week later, they send an offer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through school career site and Carmax career website. Got a response within a week to take online math/economics assessment. Passed the test, and within a week I was contacted by a recruiter that I would be doing a phone interview. Interview consisted of business situation where we sell/ stock vehicles of various condition. I liked the quick process. Although I got the notice a tad late.

Interview Questions

• How many vehicles can we fix given that we have x number of employees/ lots that we can accommodate.   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The process is long. You'll take a long test, speak with a recruiter for at least an hour. You'll be brought in for an all day interview. 3 panel interviews and 1 lunch with possible peers. They took a while to make an offer.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied Online in July, 2015. An IT recruiter reached out for a phone screening. Very brief, validated resume and discussed salary expectations. Scheduled an interview a few weeks later with the hiring manager and a lead. The Hiring manager didn't participate in the phone interview. I only met with the lead. The questions were general standard Behavioral. She seemed very interested in my background and experience. She ended by stating they would schedule a panel interview onsite with business partners. She also stated the hiring manager and she would travel down (as the hiring manger and lead were in another site location). That interview was scheduled a few weeks later through another onsite HR rep. In the meantime the IT recruiter reached out for another HR screen where he asked additional (somewhat redundant) behavioral questions. Next steps was the onsite panel interviews. I arrived onsite, to be created by an HR rep. She walked me through taking an insight ability test, which wasn't difficult. Basic math, logic reasoning, comprehension etc. I then entered the first of two panel interviews with a total of 4 interviewers. The hiring manager and lead did not participate in these interviews as had previously been communicated. I met with the first two individuals, a manager of servicing and a project manager. The manager was about 20 minutes late for the first interview, the PM hesitated beginning but started after 10 minutes. The questions asked were behavioral but not extremely technical in nature. I was surprised they didn't ask project specific questions with how one might lead a requirements session etc. I then met with the second two individuals, one a controller, and the other a senior manager of servicing. The senior manager was late for this interview as well. This interview was a little more less behavioral. We discussed why I left my previous company. We connected on many levels, I thought and had some candid discussion. The interviews ended and it was late in the day. The HR rep onsite said she didn't know the next steps but she took a urine sample and had me sign documents for the background check before I left. The interviews seemed to go well. I felt I connected with the business leaders and was excited about the possibilities. After a week, I followed up with the IT recruiter; however he was on vacation. He promptly followed up with me when he returned and explained that he had not touched base with the hiring manager. (remember, I have not interviewed with the hiring manager at all at this point) He then sent me an email stating that the group, which would have to be the 4 business leaders I had interviewed with had not been able to regroup and that some of them were on vacation. He stated he would let me know when they touched base again. Two weeks later he send another email apologizing for the delayed response but stated the business leaders felt the interviews went good. On October 7th, almost a month after the panel interviews I received a standard email saying I was not selected and they were continuing with other candidates. I was a little surprised as all the lead up to that point seemed positive. At the minimum I expected to at that point have an actual interview with the hiring manager before they made a final decision. Since the feedback I had received from the panel interviews was positive, I have no idea why they did not select me. My only assumption is they were looking for someone who might fit in personality wise versus having the skills to perform the job. This may explain why the questions asked during the panel interview didn't really focus on the job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• How do I Organize? What stood out to you from the job description?   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is extremely tiring and unnecessary - the interview process takes 8 hours. The company makes you complete a 3 panel interview 10 questions each panel along with a case study. They will also take you to lunch but know by the first panel whether they are going to hire or not. They make you complete a drug test at the end of the interview but don't be fooled by all of this I have seen people go through the whole process be called for a follow up phone interview and not receive a position. Be prepared to spend your whole day on this interview process, great thing you get a lunch out of the company if you don't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver a difficult message?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to gain buy-in on a new process/policy that you did not agree with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a peer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial telephone screening followed by a more in depth telephone interview which lasted about 45mins. Following the telephone interview I was invited to a face to face interview and was advised to plan to be there for a number of hours. when I attended it began with entering info from my resume on to the computer, followed by some aptitude tests and then a face to face interview with one of the Team Managers. I was offered the position on the spot and undertook drug and alcohol screening then and there.

All the interview questions were STAR based questions so be prepared to answer in that format.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have had to deliver bad news to a customer. How did they react?   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Kennesaw, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college, and then they contacted me to do an online assessment that was behavioral and math. I was then contacted for a phone interview that was a case study. I was then invited to their home office in order to partake in a super day with three interviews. These were almost all math problems, some more difficult than others.

Interview Questions

• Various different math problems. There was little behavioral, they mostly care if you can do math on the level necessary for the job.   Answer Question