CarMax Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CarMax Manager Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Must apply online and take a personality quiz. The process takes at least 1 hour.

My initial interview was a phone interview with a Recruiter who asked basic questions like, tell me about yourself, why are you looking for a new position, why did you apply for this position, what is an area or skill you would like to improve, etc. Also some behavioral questions were asked (noted below).

After the phone interview, the Recruiter sent my information to the Hiring Manager. If selected, I would be scheduled for an in-person interview (with the Hiring Manager as well as a possible peer/panel interview) and some testing.

Interview Questions

• Some typical behavioral questions like, Tell me about a time when your team resisted your direction (background, action taken, result), how did you handle a conflict on your team, tell me about a member of your team that you helped develop, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a few weeks long. phone interview followed by an office interview and drug screening that was taken on site. process took approximately 5 weeks total. met with several managers and supervisors from several departments around the company. also, got to go to lunch when i went to meet with a manager from the office. took several assessments both while in the office and online, prior to any formal meeting to make sure my qualifications could be verified.

Interview Questions

• what is a leadership role you have held and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (Virginia Beach, VA) in February 2013.

Interview

SBI, Behavior Interview. This means you answer about the situation and the your behavior. What you observed, how it impacted you, what you did and the outcome. Pretty straight forward when you practice this method. Keep feelings out of it, no "I felt" or similar.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last time...., they are all situational based about direct experiences of the job you are applying for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

phone interview, in-person, 2nd in-person with management, hire. questions, security questions, drug-screen, back ground check, tour of store. ss security, dl, benefits package. can be drug out or short 3hrs or 8hrs. be prepared to sit & wait if they like you. do not be alarmed if you don't get an answer right away

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult time that you had to help a co-worker   Answer Question

Negotiation

initial offer was good until you saw the environment.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax in February 2009.

Interview

Long day of interviewing. Started with an initial phone screen. Then I met with 2 mgrs. Then I met with the GM. I then met with the regional VP. 3 days later an offer was made over the phone. The entire process took maybe 2 weeks from initial contact to hire.