CarMax Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CarMax Sales Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

You speak with a couple people, they will take anyone as people leave so quickly due to how they are treated. They tell you that only a few make the cut for working at CarMax. Everything with them is a sham.

Interview Questions

• How hard are you willing to work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, completed online personality test which is required to submit your application and takes over an hour, yet there's no information on this when you begin applying. When you're finished it doesn't tell you whether you passed or not. Apparently I did as I got a call from a manager a couple of days later and went through a 20-min phone assessment. "I'd like to get some info about you and after I do you'll have a chance to ask questions." This whole thing would be unnecessary if they disclosed salary at the start. $12/hour OR commission, whichever is greater ... I DIDN'T NEED TO TAKE AN HOUR LONG TEST AND A PHONE INTERROGATION TO BE NOT INTERESTED! But thanks for participating.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next job?
      What appeals to you about sales?
      Are you ok with working on commission?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

Online. Phone call from manager. If you move on, go into the store and fill in information online. Then you meet with managers to see if your a cultural fit.Then you do a sales demonstration for managers on a vehicle on the lot.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CarMax in August 2013.

Interview

wants to know that you can work with a team and an upbeat personality. that you can solve problems on your own but also welcome feedback. hiring process has a lot of steps so don't lose heart!

Interview Questions

• when was a time you had to show leadership and another time when you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duarte, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Duarte, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The process seems to be very involved starting with a long online application, followed by a group meeting to meet Managers from several different departments within the company. Then this is followed by a tour of the facility, all the while the group is being told what a great place Carmax is to work. The tour is followed by a computer questionnaire about how honest you are. After the honesty probe there is a one on one interview. Following the one on one I was invited back for a role play that I haven't completed. After I complete the role play I will update my review.

Interview Questions

• In the past what did you do to resolve a difficult issue regarding a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2011.

Interview

it was a lengthy interview. Pretty easy. You just had to have people skills. They start you with a sales manager and you end with the GM of the store. Many people said it was hard, but I didn't think it was too bad.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't one.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (Birmingham, AL) in September 2009.

Interview

manager was not professional

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with commission sales?   1 Answer