CarMax Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CarMax Sales Manager Interview Questions

3.3

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I started with an online recruiter. Then I interviewed with a LGM of the store I applied for. After this interview I interviewed with a RVP for the Los Angeles area. I was offered the position 3-4 days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

They recruit Sales Managers and various Retail Managers to become sales consultants. Just smoke and mirrors. Nobody is hired as a Sales Manager. Regardless of experience. Just do some hoework at the location and ask around.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CarMax (Ontario, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview called MAP which was extremely grueling to prepare for over the course of many months. Current interview to promote from Sales Consultant to Sales Manager no longer requires this panel interview but instead consists of a series of in-store demonstrations that are created for you to prove yourself as a manager by exhibiting competencies expected of a sales manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when had to make a quick decision in a limited amount of time.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Very very lengthy, phone interview went super well, in person interview very different. Recruiter brought me in saying they were opening a location within 50 minutes of my home, had to drive 2.5 hrs interviewing for a position at that location. Very odd huge waste of time

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation when you had trouble working with someone else   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Interview is pretty thorough. Quick process for being as thorough as it is. Overall there was a phone interview, face to face with two general managers, then face to face with regional Vice President. In between , there were multiple hour long assessments testing math skills and personality.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Carmax ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Basic interview process. Standard questions.

Then a strong online assessment. Must have a strong business acumen and customer focus minded to answer the questions correctly.

They got back to me fairly quickly after the initial application. Phone screening, interview with the LGM then another with the district SM.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to improve the performance of an individual or a group. How did you do this. What was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a sign on bonus. It wasn't easy though. They held firm on the base salary.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CarMax in February 2014.

Interview

It took about 3 to 4 weeks for the process. A former boss recommended me for the position. My name was forwarded and the process was on from there. Carmax really grills the folks they want to on-board. If it's not logic testing it's behavioral based questioning. I appreciate that they take their time through the interview process. Makes me feel like I'm going to work for a competent employer. I went through 4 interviews! So if you don't like interviews and get all types of nervous talking to a potential boss and/or colleagues, this is not the job for you! Overall I enjoyed the process, from the recruiters down to the employees! Job well done!

Interview Questions

• How do you delegate efficiently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to, offer was perfect! Felt like I won the lottery!

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by recruiter within 2 days. Completed initial phone interview followed by an interview at the location. Was told to expect 3-4 hours due to assessments as well as interview itself. This followed by an interview with VP and then extended offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boynton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax (Boynton Beach, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

went through two phone interviews with the same person. Then was told a third interview would take place by the general manager, well he called a week later. Said the sales mgr was no longer availible and would I come in for a salesmen position? NO WAY

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Henderson, NV) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring can be intense. Multiple steps with different levels of management. Detailed and position specific.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer or coworker?   Answer Question