CarMax Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CarMax (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

An assistant Manager has you fill-out brief information which includes social security number as they stand over you. This should be illegal as a persons social security number is more private than a password. Requesting to manager to look away as I placed my SS# upset the first assist. manager. CARMAX needs to teach their managers the legal facts of an applicants privacy act. I would not work for a company that does not respect a persons private information.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions with describe an accomplishment from previous job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CarMax (Oxnard, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was very positive. I was sure I would be hired with my flawless background, as well as being a top producer for every company I worked for. There was so much grilling and asking of personal questions and digging deep into the past. I don't see why, but after seeing what happened to friends who bought from Car Max, I realized I was not hired as I was too honest. My friends who have purchased a car have been getting the run around on every single issue. I am glad to not have gotten the job, I will also never purchase a car from them. After all of this I can only say, I was not selected due to my honesty.

Interview Questions

• What did I like about living in a specific city.   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest accomplishment on a job that you were proud of.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CarMax (Woodbridge, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

Started with initial on-line application, resume submission, followed my phone acknowledgement of receipt and scheduling of "phone interview". for following day at 3:00.
    By 3:25, and no call, I figured someone had forgotten, or they had changed their mind about me. After 10 minutes on hold and transfers, finally got Sales Manager, who conducted 10 minute interview, sounding positive, and promised to call back withing the next 24-48 hours. Never heard from them again. Given my one (1) mile proximity to the job location, I feel a live interview should have been conducted and would have proven more mutually beneficial in assessing my suitability for the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really tripped me up, other than why I should get the position? Because I am very experienced in dealing with people, am articulate, in good physical condition, good looking, personable, detail oriented.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

took another personality test, met with other uneducated managers who took themselves too seriously. Very in-depth, not a bad thing,