CarMax Service Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CarMax Service Consultant Interview Questions

2.0

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarMax (Davie, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Filled out a long online application along with a 45-60 min dreadful Questionnaire. Received a call the next day for a quick over the phone interview setup questions.. Next step was a in person interview. Seemed like I scared them with me wearing a suit to the interview. I felt the whole time the manager seemed nervous that i would eventually take his job and he even asked me if I was sure I wanted this position with my background. They stated they arent like a regular car dealer and I told them thats what i liked about them.I think he felt I was over qualified. I told him I actually did and I;m not here to waste my time or yours. I was asked back to the next step which is a simulation of the drive interview that was a few days later. I again came back in a suit. I did the simulation and felt like i passed it with flying colors along with how there reaction was towards it. Anyway received a call that they decided to go with another person. I didn't bother to ask why. I truly feel they felt threatened. Oh Well wasn't meant to be.

Interview Questions

• We dont up sell to customers. Are you ok with that?   Answer Question
  • Are you sure you dont want to go work at a regular dealership. We are like a retail store. We arent like the other dealerships. You will make allot less money here at Carmax.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Service Consultant Interview

Interview

One phone screen by a manager, the. A onsite interview with three different managers,then the next week was asked to do a simulation. The simulation is awkward without clear direction. They give u a sheet of paper to look at for like 10 min with policy's on it. Being that you haven't been trained or know what to expect this is extremely difficult. Also they take way to much of your time in the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glencoe, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Glencoe, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Started off with a brief phone interview and then an in person interview with 2 manager. In person interview took about 1.5hrs and consisted of "tell us about a time that....." Type questions

Interview Questions

• Lots of "tell us about a time that....." Type questions   Answer Question

Service Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax in February 2012.

Interview Questions

I recently applied for Service Consultant for the "Service repair Shop" of Carmax. From what Ive read its more or less a service writer position, I have 18 years experience in Service Management with 2 other major Auto Service company's...on the phone screening I received, I felt as if I was being interrogated in a condescending manner from the Manager that called me...I got a really bad vibe just from the brief phone interview.....Ive been in the auto service business as management for a long time with very credible respectable experience....