CarMax Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

After initially applying, I filled out an online survey where they asked a bunch of math-heavy questions. The test is designed so you probably won't get all of them right -- I sure didn't, but they invited me for a phone interview and gave me a pretty wide span of times to choose from, which was nice. However, I was never notified of what type of interview it would be. Because they just told me it was an "interview," I assumed it was a normal interview with the standard questions, but was caught way off-guard when the interviewer told me he'd give me a case. In hindsight, I should have asked previously, but was still a little upset, since it's fairly commonplace to let the interviewee know if it will be a case interview. I answered the first few behavioral questions with ease, but did terrible on the case and didn't get an offer. The interviewer was understanding and nice, however.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you solved an analytical problem?
    Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CarMax

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarMax (Richmond, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interviewers was clear and fair, presented me with 2 cases and gave me ample time to answer.

Interview Questions