CarSense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.5

Delivery Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester Springs, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarSense (Chester Springs, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview process was super laid back. Managers there really made me feel like I was already part of the family. They really care about your life, and want to dig deeper into your answers than the typical interview questions. They laughed and joked around with me, and introduced me to many people. I was always treated with respect and they are very nice.

Interview Questions

CarSense Response

Apr 3, 2017 – VP of Personnel and Culture Development

I am glad to hear you were made to feel like you were part of the family. That's what we were going for.... We are very selective in who we allow in to CarSense, you need to fit our culture and play ... More

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at CarSense (Robinson, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process for both interviews I went on were a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I spoke with the GM, GSM and VP on different occasions and all of which asked personal questions about my life and journey through the business and truly cared of the answer. You could easily tell that these gentlemen were not just asking questions from a sheet. I loved that about the interview that it truly shows the culture of the company. One of the questions that really intrigued me and I loved that it got asked was "What do you like to do, what are your hobbies outside of work?". Also all parties involved were extremely accommodating with schedule flexibility due to being employed elsewhere at the time. I received a call only hours after applying and everything has been rolling from there. This seems like an absolute top notch company from the top all the way down.

Interview Questions

CarSense Response

Feb 17, 2017 – VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Great to hear things are progressing.... Its always nice to know interviews at CarSense are relaxed and friendly. We try to make all applicants feel like they are speaking to a friend or family ... More

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CarSense.

Interview

Every interview you go through three different interviews they are particular with who they hire. They mainly want to show that you have a good heart and want to better yourself and the company.

Interview Questions

CarSense Response

Feb 17, 2017 – VP of Personnel and Culture Development

You are correct, we are very particular with who we hire.... its tough to get in and tough to leave..... LOL

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester Springs, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CarSense (Chester Springs, PA).

Interview

I spoke to the General Sales Manager twice, the General Manager twice, and the Vice President once. It seemed that while they were interested in my past, they really wanted to know "who" I was. They were extremely interested and really listened to what I was saying. I didn't feel as though I had to sell my previous success to them, I just had to be myself and open up to them. Because of this, to this day, some of my closest friends are the people that interviewed me here.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at CarSense?   1 Answer

Aug 22, 2016 – VP of Personnel and Culture Development

WOW!!! Awesome post. That's what we were going for... We really want all applicants to be themselves during the interview process. Its really a get to know one another time, to see if there's a fit ... More

Assistant Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester Springs, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CarSense (Chester Springs, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview, a face-to-face interview, and a secondary face-to-face. Each was with a different set of people. It was very personal. They cared to ask more about my family and my past experiences that didn't go well rather than focus on what I was good or bad at. They still asked necessary questions, however, when they asked, it was asked in a caring way rather than business-like. I enjoyed the interviews and felt very comfortable through the entire process. I didn't even have to think about it when they offered the job!

Interview Questions

CarSense Response

Sep 21, 2016 – VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thank you very much for the feedback. Its always great when our interview process is followed and a applicant is hired and is successful in the position.... and from what I hear, you have hit the ... More

Assistant Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester Springs, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarSense (Chester Springs, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had two brief phone interviews with both hiring managers followed by an in person with one and then came back the following week to meet with the other and the general sales manager. From the moment I walked in the building I felt very welcomed. The interviews themselves felt very natural as though you were talking with people you've worked with for years. They took the time to ask questions to get to know me as a person not just where have you been and what have you done. I feel their interview process will allow them to find the best suited candidate and also allows the candidate to see the company with a lot of transparency, and decide if it's right for them.
       I'm waiting to see if I get an offer but I can say without a doubt even if I don't I'm thankful for even being considered. If you're considering applying for a new opportunity you won't be disappointed in the career potential this company offers.

Interview Questions

CarSense Response

May 5, 2016 – VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Awesome post, thanks so much. Its great to know our applicants are feeling out culture right from the start. Best of luck and thanks for considering CarSense as your next employer.

Internet Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CarSense (Robinson, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied to CarSense.com on 1/30/16 after finding a job listing for the "Internet Sales Consultant”, although I found it odd that postings for "Sales Consultant" and "Internet Sales Consultant" had the exact same description. I was contacted by Laura with basic questions about myself, invited for an interview with her and Gary (auto sales manager) on Tuesday. I am currently employed but I was able to take a half day off for it. Laura was very polite and friendly, asked questions about myself, work experience, education, and interest in auto sales. She asked about how I felt I could transition to face-to-face interaction as that isn't a part of my current job. No mention about actual job duties, but I felt like she got to understand me a bit better, then had me wait to interview with Gary. After waiting for a bit, Laura asked if I could come back another day to interview as "something come up" and Gary wasn't able to meet me. Felt good about the process so far, so I agreed to come back Thursday knowing I'd need to take another half day off. Thursday, met with Gary, who was also very polite and friendly. He thanked me for taking the time to fill out the app and for coming back in. He spoke about aspects of the job and asked questions about moving into auto sales. I applied for "Internet Sales" but this was never mentioned, felt as if I was being interviewed for straight face-to-face sales which I was open to, but this left me confused. Gary said he felt good about talking to me and my skills but wanted me to take a personality test to see if this type of position would be good for me. He implied that if the test results came back favorable, he would schedule an interview with the GM Tim. Received an email with the test next morning,completed this quickly, and emailed Gary, who replied that he would be in touch either way once he got results from HR. Monday afternoon, received a phone call from Gary to setup an interview with Tim on Wednesday. I set up an early interview and took the day off from my current job as I wasn't sure how long this would be. On Wednesday, I arrived at 9:50 for my 10:00 interview, but waited about 40 minutes before I was able to talk with Tim. This interview was a bit different than the first two. While Tim was polite, he did not seem as enthusiastic or open about the position and my skills as Gary and Laura did. Don't know if it was a "tactic", his personality, or if he was having a bad day. Again only questions about interacting face-to-face - nothing mentioned about "Internet Sales" which is definitely more applicable to my current skill set. This interview was also extremely brief. However, Tim did say at the end of the interview that Laura and Gary both liked me, that's why I got to this point, that it was ultimately Gary's decision, and he would give Gary feedback from our conversation. I left the store and wasn't sure how to feel. I received no feedback for the rest of that day (wasn't expecting), nothing Thursday or Friday. On Saturday, I decided to send Gary an email thanking him again for the interviews and asking if I was being considered for the position. 2 hours later I received a very generic email response (seemed like it was a standard copy/paste something that was sent to other applicants many times before) thanking me for my time but that they felt other candidates were more qualified and I was no longer being considered.Don't have a problem with not getting the position (it’s a business-I get it). I don't hold any grudges about the decision, but I was made to feel like my time wasn't as valuable as theirs (asking me to come back another day, starting an interview pretty late with no apology for doing so). Maybe it’s my fault for trying to read the situation, but I feel as if Gary was leading me on to a "yes" if I did well on the personality test. I assume that my results were favorable,but if they weren't then I don't get why I was scheduled to meet with Tim the GM. Also don't get why it seemed like I was interviewed as a traditional "sales consultant" whenever I applied specifically for internet sales. I honestly don't know if there are even two different positions (as both job listings were literally identical-word for word). Also wasn't happy with the fact that I had to reach out first to see if I was still being considered. Don't think I would have heard back otherwise. I understand they owe me nothing and personal feelings/issues mean nothing to them but this was a HUGE deal for me and caused a lot of unnecessary stress. Wish companies overall would be as considerate with who they interview as the candidates are for them. Seems like a great place to work and would’ve been a terrific opportunity. I don't write this to discourage others from applying but just be prepared to potentially have a lot of your time wasted (esp. if you must take time off from a current job). Definitely don't try to read in to what your told or else you will likely end up disappointed.

Interview Questions

CarSense Response

Feb 22, 2016 – VP of Personnel and Culture Development

First let me apologize for a few things, to your point, our lateness is unacceptable. We pride ourselves on being on time and value our customers and applicants time, but in this case it looks like ... More

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester Springs, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CarSense (Chester Springs, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Lengthy. 4 part interview with all affected managers. Whole process took about a week. They are looking for 'A players'. You do have a chance to answer some interview questions online ahead of time so you are able to prep yourself somewhat.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you 'blew it'. What did you learn? How did you feel?   1 Answer

Feb 27, 2017 – VP of Personnel and Culture Development

You are correct, we are looking for "A" players... One of the things we pride ourselves on is our hiring process. Our people and culture are very important to us. Thanks for the feedback.

Service Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chester Springs, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CarSense (Chester Springs, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

It went very smoothly. Normally at interviews I get super nervous, sweat and tongue tied. Strangely enough, that did not happen. We talked about non work related items and it really relaxed me. I felt comfortable talking with the manager and with human resources. After the interview, I felt confident I got the job.

Interview Questions

CarSense Response

Jan 29, 2016 – VP of Personnel and Culture Development

I am glad you felt comfortable and were able to become part of the CarSense team. Its always great when a plan comes together. Welcome!

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Robinson, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CarSense (Robinson, PA) in July 2015.

Interview

First I received a call from Gary asking me a little about myself. It was a very laid back phone call. I definitely got a very good vibe from Gary and thoroughly enjoyed our initial conversation. After a couple minutes of speaking with Gary, he invited me in for a face to face interview. The face to face was also very laid back and I was very impressed with how the process went. All managers i met with were so friendly! I also enjoyed the fact that other sales consultants came up and introduced themselves to me. That showed me that the company is truly a family type environment. The second interview was with Tim and Tony and they were just as nice! You can tell that they set out to find the right individual to join the carsense family. All around a great experience and i look forward to moving forward with this great career opportunity within this company!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation! Its a salary job.

Oct 19, 2015 – VP of Personnel and Culture Development

Thanks for the review. I am glad we made you feel at comfortable during the interview process. We try to do our best not only with our customers, but with our associates as well. Thanks again for ... More