Carahsoft Account Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carahsoft Account Representative Interview Questions

1.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Representative Interview

Interview

Interviewed by several members of several different teams. Not all of the interviewers seemed relevant, as if they were chosen on availability on the day of. Higher level interviewers were good but questions were not overly tough. Interview structure seemed very loose.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation on entry level salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Carahsoft

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carahsoft.

Interview

Two interviews, after speaking on the phone with a recruiter many times. You interview with a specific team that you find out usually the night before to research. Your experience really depends on your team and how close you are. Basic questions, I interviewed with 3-4 people both times, just to get a feel both if they liked you, and if you like them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, went over experience with recruiter. Then had in person interview with senior team members. Three people interviewed me. Very laid back. Not a lot of pressure. Basic interview questions like what is your experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your best trait and worst trait   1 Answer

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carahsoft.

Interview

Initial phone call from an internal recruiter where you do a basic phone screen/interview. Then I went in the office for an interview where I was supposed to meet four people, only one showed up. Then i interviewed with the director of the team I was to be placed on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

You will receive a call from the head of their recruitment department and have an additional phone interview. They then invite you to a round robin style interview with their different teams. These teams range from smaller intelligence oriented software to larger VMWare, Adobe, or Microsoft sales departments. You will be put through a standard set of interview questions and then called back for another interview with the department heads that were interested in you. You then contact your recruiter and they give you a job offer. Only I didn't experience this, because I was never called or emailed back. They went through a staff change and I was never contacted again.

The starting salary was $29,000 in Reston, VA. This is absurdly low. They offer cool trips, but the turnover is obviously high and just seems like a Millennial farm where they hire a lot of recently graduated young professionals, cram them into a small space, and then pay them nothing but give booze and gift cards to make up for it.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on the weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA).

Interview

You will come in for your first interview and be interviewed by a member of the team that you are behing recruited for. They will ask you a series of run of the mill interview questions and if they like you they will bring in a second member of the team. They will repeat this process to get as much feedback from the team as possible.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, standard pay of 28k plus $500 a month bonus for everyone.

Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carahsoft.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. Unlike other companies, they didn't set up specific time to talk. They basically asked questions like how experienced are you with sales, why do you want to do sales, and how would be a perfect fit for the company.. things like that.. pretty simple!

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA).

Interview

Initially you'll hear from a recruiter on the phone, who will introduce themselves and ask about you, and then schedule your first interview. You'll come in and meet the director of the team you're interviewing for, plus 1-2 other people from the team. You'll hear from the recruiter again, and repeat the process for 1-2 more interviews. Once they have decided to hire you, you'll get a call to come in and meet with your director/manager to go over your contract.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer "why government IT sales?" Recruiter who contacts you will fill you in extremely well - you'll feel prepared.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Super long. You get two separate interviews and each are about 2-3 hours long. You meet with 3-5 different team members who all ask the same questions. You first get contacted by a recruited a ton of times until you agree to have a phone screen. After phone screening interview you go to the office (and recruiter preps you very well for it) where you meet with some team members and get an idea of what the culture is like. They don't care much for your experience, they mostly look for willingness to make phone calls and talk on the phone, coachable, sales-oriented, and teamwork skills.

Interview Questions

• Typical tell me about yourself and where you see yourself in a couple years etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make a copy of your non-compete agreement (even though it's definitely not applicable and you shouldn't treat it as anything meaningful). Also ask details about extra 2-6K bonus you can make your first year and how you're going to get there.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

HR took forever to follow up. They called me twice and told me someone would get back to me within the remainder of the week and they reached out 2 weeks later. Then I was asked to come in and meet some of the other teammates and Account Managers (this was a 2-day process). I met with 4 Account Managers the first day and 3 the second day. I was then told HR would get back to me and have me come back in to meet the VP of the team (this also took over a week). I was in and out after meeting with the VP and honestly the overall interviewing was very easy. Each person just asked me about my skill-sets and what my hobbies were. I think only 1 or 2 actually asked me sales-related questions. The VP was more interested on my ambitions and where I think I would see myself fit in. They each came in one by one with your resume, and just asked their few questions and left. It was more HR that made the interviewing miserable to be honest...

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Sports Team and why?   1 Answer