Carahsoft Government Account Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA).

Interview

Called me from the App Jobr. Recruiter was very nice and we went through a series of interviews. I did two phone interviews and then we went on to do three in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Are you currently interviewing with another employer at this time?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Carahsoft

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was effortless thanks to the recruiter that assisted me throughout the whole thing. The recruiter was resourceful and prepared you for the interview so that you walk in feeling confident.

First interview was over the phone and then in person. I met with three of their employees separately for about 30 mins each. Then in the next business day I was offered the position.

Government Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft.

Interview

Had about 3 phone interviews prior to my first in-person interview, followed by a second in-person interview with a few calls in between. I found it to be a very delicate, somewhat thorough and heavily structured process. Everyone I interviewed with was very friendly and the one of the sales directors I met with gave me really valuable insight into the structure of the company and what the role entailed.

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

1 Phone interview followed by 2 in-person interviews. During interview number one you were interviewed by multiple team leaders to find the appropriate fit. Interview number two was with the Director. As long as you can speak well and dress properly you have a 99% chance of being hired.

Government Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft in February 2014.

Interview

I was referred through a friend who already was working at Carahsoft. A recruiter contacted me for several phone interviews then I came in to the office for several in-person interviews. I knew a lot about the company through my friend but I had a great experience with the recruiters, they guided me through the steps of the interview process. The team members I met with in-person were very welcoming and I was able to have a good dialogue with them. I knew after my first interview I wanted to work for this company.

Interview Questions

• Many interviewers wanted to understand my reasons for looking at Carahsoft and what my long-range goals were.   1 Answer

Government Account Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carahsoft in September 2013.

Interview

My experience with Carahsoft has been positive thus far. I applied through my school for a Government Account Rep position and was called back the very next day! The recruiter I worked with asked about my background and why I thought I would be a good fit for the company. I must have been okaly because I was asked in for the in person interview with one of the sales teams! I felt prepared going in for my 1st interview because the recruiter went over everything I needed prior to that meeting. I'm waiting to hear back on how the interview went. I will update when I have finished the process...

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I set myself apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA).

Interview

I had two days of interviews that were a week apart with 7 people from one particular team and one person from another. I was upset I didn't have the chance to interview with all the teams but hey... and then the offer day I had to show up at 9AM on a Saturday to meet the CEO where he tells you that you will make $26k. For someone broke out of college living at home... you typically take it. But it was a 5 minute meeting and then I was on my way - was that really necessary Carahsoft?

Negotiation

NO negotiation. Also heard someone brought a competitive offer and Carahsoft then revoked their offer. Harsh!

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview then if you passed they will call you back and ask you to come in for a face-to-face interview. You then meet with about 7 people and if they all like you you will be asked to come back for another group interview then if they like you the president will speak to you and if he likes you you will get the job. They call you and let you know you got the job and then you start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation... they tell you upfront.. you will make UP TO 36k and no more...

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Carahsoft (Reston, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

initially had 2 calls with a headhunter named Kathy Kelly...that quickly led to an in-person interview with about 4 team leads, then got the job! this whole process took about 6 weeks

Interview Questions

• there weren't really any difficult or super surprising questions, luckily!   Answer Question

Negotiation

there wasn't really any negotiation, which was fair because this was my first job out of college