Carat Assistant Media Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carat Assistant Media Planner Interview Questions

Interviews at Carat

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy interview questions: walk us through your experience, can you handle high stress situations, describe an experience where you disagreed with a decision made and how you handled it, where do you see yourself in 5 years, describe how you organize your days and weeks, how proficient are you with excel etc.
I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then an in person interview (a little over an hour and a half, met with 4 people, one of which changed last minute), and then I had a phone interview with someone else in the office which was weird. They never contacted me after the phone interview, which personally I find unprofessional. They could spend roughly two and a half hours of all of our time, but not take a few minutes to send me an email or leave me a phone message that I was no longer being considered for the position. But such is life. I got the impression from all of them that they are overworked and underpaid.

Interview Questions

• walk us through your experience, can you handle high stress situations, describe an experience where you disagreed with a decision made and how you handled it, where do you see yourself in 5 years, describe how you organize your days and weeks, how proficient are you with excel etc.   Answer Question
  • What print media would you choose to reach our target audience (parents of school aged children)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Carat

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carat.

Interview

Rigorous interview process but friendly team members who take the nervousness away from you. HR is very helpful and will prep you for the interview. Research the company and be prepared to really lay out your intentions for your career.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carat.

Interview

I came in for an entry-level interview only to find out when I got there that one out of the two people that I was supposed to meet with was out of town. Instead of meeting with the original two people as expected, I ended up meeting with 4. They acted like my previous experience would hinder me (communications/PR, marketing). I was confused as to why they acted like this when 1. I was interviewing for an entry-level position and 2. The job description said that they would train me and 3. The experience that I've had is very valuable.

After the interview, I decided that it wouldn't be a good fit and if I were to get the offer, I would respectfully decline. More than 2 weeks later and haven't even heard a peep out of them. Just another one of those instances where the company doesn't consider the candidates' time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about where you see your career going, are you proficient in Excel, are you good with numbers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I filed an application for an entry level position via an online portal. A month later, a recruiter from HR reached out to me about providing my resume for further evaluation. After submitting my resume, I completed a preliminary phone screening after which a group director contacted me for an in-person interview. The interview itself was completely behavioral and consisted of two 1:1 meetings with account directors looking to potentially staff me. Both interviews lasted about an hour. As this happened right before the Christmas holiday, I did not hear back with an offer until the first week of the new year.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Interview

Welcoming, thorough, helpful, informative. I was able to meet quite a few people from different accounts to get a strong feel for the energy and dynamic of the varying teams. I met with team members ranging from directors to associates which was very helpful.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carat.

Interview

Two interviews. One over the phone and one in person. The one over the phone was simple, just asking about past experience and talking about the company. Second one in person went more into what my skills were and what I would bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem in a job/internship you previously had and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carat (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Relatively easy interview process. Super high level questions. I was interviewed by 6 different people, in a span of 3 hours. They all were super friendly, and the interview was very much conversational.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in media/advertising?   1 Answer

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carat in June 2016.

Interview

I went through two rounds of interviewing. One informational 15 minute phone interview with HR that was just more about the position itself. A second interview over Skype with the manager of the team I would be working with and a second person who previously held my position on a different team. They asked easy, generic questions and were super helpful and nice about answering my questions.
    The second interview lasted about 30 minutes.

I got an offer the next day, but the compensation was low. I negotiated the offer, got a counteroffer, and turned that down for various reasons. When I called to decline the position (which was extremely hard for me to do), HR cut me off and said "Okay, I'll tell the team" and hung up on me. It wasn't a bad experience overall, I just had negative feelings in my gut during the entire process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Brief, casual for the first interview, met in person and went over the job requirements, made it to the second interview, but they were quite unprofessional after saying they were going to follow up and look forward to you meeting the next person and then never returned any phone calls or emails regarding when this was going to happen.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work with Carat? Especially for this branch covering Xbox, Diageo, and Red Bull?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Very casual initial interview, met with the team and was asked general interview questions. I got the impression that it is a very tight knit team that was looking for someone who would fit well personality wise. The 2nd interview was a very short video interview online. The online interview was pre-recorded and submitted to the company so you did not speak with anyone, just answered 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• Why this company? What interests you about the future of this industry?   Answer Question