Carat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Carat Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.6

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carat.

Interview

First interview was a quick 20 minute phone conversation. The recruiter explained the position, and he seemed very professional. I went in for a second and interview with two directors. It was terrible. The first acted like she was on something and interrupted me the entire time. She was way too casual for an interview. The second was the opposite. She asked very straight forward questions. Had a condescending attitude towards me. I never heard back from the recruiter. He didn't even reach out after I sent a couple follow up emails. He was very, very unprofessional and lazy. It really shows a lot about the company and I would never suggest anyone go through the process. Terrible experience.

Assistant Digital Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carat (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

HR forgot about my phone interview until I called them and they had to reschedule it to the next hour. The whole interview was really quick and I had to repeat myself several times because the HR rep was taking notes.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carat (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

First phone interview with the HR, second round Skype interview with a director. Each lasted approx. 30 minutes. I was referred by an employee but ended up not receiving an offer. HR department was helpful but the entire process took over 2 months. Responses were typically given within a two-three week period at a time.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite advertisement? What interests you about this position? What classes have you taken to prepare you for this internship?   Answer Question

Assistant, Media Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

HORRIBLE, UNPROFESSIONAL.
    I received an email and a text message update on my application. They said I've been selected for an interview and they will be in touch soon regarding next steps. I WAS SUPER THRILLED.
    Nonetheless, it never happens. I tried to reach out to HR through email several times very nicely asking about the hiring process and ensuring if communication methods were alright. NO REPLY.
    I tried to reach out through the phone and all I got is a cranky front desk lady literally screamed through the phone and hung up while I was asking nicely and politely about reaching HR.
    I tried this hard to reach them because I really like that position and Carat seems like a good place to work. I won't be offended if HR replies back to me that the position has been offered to someone else. But they never answer any of my questions, regardless how nice and polite I tried to be.
    Just 2 words: horrible and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Interview

Welcoming, thorough, helpful, informative. I was able to meet quite a few people from different accounts to get a strong feel for the energy and dynamic of the varying teams. I met with team members ranging from directors to associates which was very helpful.

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

This is a phone call interview and the Hr simply ask the question tell me about yourself and why you choose media and why our company you think fit in you. Last for 30 mins

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was great. Very efficient and clear throughout each step. Started off with a phone interview, was then asked to come in to meet with a couple of different teams. Sat down with multiple people and received feedback within a week.

Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (Detroit, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

One very short phone screen with HR, basic questions about you/describing the role, nothing to be nervous about. Then one in person interview with two managers at their Detroit office. The managers I met with gave me a weird vibe. To start off the conversation he told me my resume was "interesting" (not in a good way) and seemed very condescending and arrogant while asking me questions. It seemed strange to me to start off the interview by basically insulting me, but I ended up getting an offer so maybe I'm just being sensitive.

The process was really quick. Compared with other companies I am currently interviewing with, the process at Carat seemed very rushed and like they didn't care who they hired, they just needed someone because the turnover there is so high. It is more important to me to feel valued as an employee and to feel like I'm entering a good workspace with room for growth, than to just take the first job that falls into my lap, so that's why I declined. While I definitely appreciate an interview process that moves along and doesn't leave you hanging, this seemed a little tooooooo quick. Only one in person interview that lasted 30 minutes, met one member of the team I'd be working for, and I got an offer? Just seems a little off to me.

They also were very pushy about accepting the offer ASAP. Only 48 hours to make a decision. That, combined with low pay and an extremely easy interview process (literally less time talking with managers than when I was interviewing for internships, and this is full time), are the reasons I declined. Didn't seem like a good fit where I would be challenged and valued.

Interview Questions

• I basically walked them through my resume, my extra curricular activities, etc. and they would ask for more specifics if needed. Very straight forward.   Answer Question

Assistant, Digital Media Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I don't typically go to the internet to write poor reviews but in this instance I just had to. I have been on many interviews but this one was BY FAR the worst. Prior to the interview, the team requests that you watch youtube tutorials on third party ad servers and prepare for a test that you will take during your time at the company. I watched the 3 videos and took extensive notes which I reviewed, so that I would do well on that examination. When I got to the building, all was well until two of the team members greeted me. They were so painfully awkward and made me super uncomfortable in the time it took to get to the interview room. The interview was unique in that it seemed like it was the first time they interviewed someone and that they truly had zero interest in the company and in being there with me. I felt so awkward and actually BAD about sharing my experience. Towards the end of the interview, one of the questions actually was, "so I guess... tell me like something else that's not on your resume" in the most apathetic way possible.
    They left the room and another interviewer came in. He was a little better but still gave the vibe that they really didn't care who they were hiring just as long as they could do the job. It was very disheartening.
    The last part of the interview was a tutorial on how to use third part ad servers and then take a multiple choice T/F test on the videos. The team member that implemented this was very nice and I enjoyed talking with him.
    I was in the office for a little over 2 hours! A pretty long time to be there. I emailed the recruiter I had previously had a phone interview with to get the emails of the team members so I could send them thank-you's on the SAME DAY. Two weeks later (around the time I was supposed to hear back), she never answered me. I emailed her again to see if there was any results from the interview because I figured I was owed as much for my time/money to get into the city. However, there was no answer from her then either.
    This was the most unprofessional experience ever and I would never recommend this company to anyone. I am very disappointed. Who knows if I even got the offer??

Assistant, Ad Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview I've been to. There's another person's review on Glassdoor and I think we had interviewed for the same job, probably even with the same group of rude people. Unlike him/her, I had to TRAVEL 5hrs to NYC for my interview. It costed me two days and over $300 (Of course I wasn't going to be reimbursed). I was also told to watch three videos on Youtube, and was also asked really weird questions that totally had nothing to do with the youtube videos.

So I initially applied to position A, which is a great match for my background, but during my phone the HR somehow think I'd be a fit for position B and want me to come to the office and meet with team B, so I was like fine I'll meet with them because as a job seeker you don't say no to an interview opportunity. But when I sat down with team B and went over my background team B were like, errrr sounds like you'd be a better fit for team A and I'm not sure if team A is hiring but I'll send them your resume. I was like WTF?

Overall it was a HUGE waste of my time and my money. Plus you always start at the Assistant Level and I dont even think you can decently live in NYC with that pay. And guess what? Of course no one thanked me for traveling, no one appreciated the amount of time/money I put in, and NO ONE GOT BACK TO ME EVER WITH ANYTHING.

Interview Questions

• Went over resume. tell me something that's not on your resume   Answer Question