Carat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Communications Planning Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR on a Friday, where we discussed the role and responsibilities. I had an interview set up for the following week, where I met with 3 team members. HR was responsive as I continued to follow up between interviewing and accepting my offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carat in May 2013.

Interview

Straightforward. Interviewed directly with Supervisor first through Employee Referral. Hired within 3 days after interview. Basic interview questions about past experiences. They want someone who has interest in learning more.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with a couple different teams that were hiring for the same position on the same day. They asked the typical questions, here are some examples:
    Tell us about yourself.
    Why Carat?
    Why Media Buying/Media?
    Favorite TV show?
    Example of a time you took a leadership role in a group (details, project, outcome).
    Strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to leave us with about yourself that you haven't shared yet?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was non-negiotable

Interview

General behavioral q's, nothing technical, but I had a connection to the agency.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carat.

Interview

First interview was a quick 20 minute phone conversation. The recruiter explained the position, and he seemed very professional. I went in for a second and interview with two directors. It was terrible. The first acted like she was on something and interrupted me the entire time. She was way too casual for an interview. The second was the opposite. She asked very straight forward questions. Had a condescending attitude towards me. I never heard back from the recruiter. He didn't even reach out after I sent a couple follow up emails. He was very, very unprofessional and lazy. It really shows a lot about the company and I would never suggest anyone go through the process. Terrible experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty easy interview questions: walk us through your experience, can you handle high stress situations, describe an experience where you disagreed with a decision made and how you handled it, where do you see yourself in 5 years, describe how you organize your days and weeks, how proficient are you with excel etc.
    I had a phone interview with a recruiter, then an in person interview (a little over an hour and a half, met with 4 people, one of which changed last minute), and then I had a phone interview with someone else in the office which was weird. They never contacted me after the phone interview, which personally I find unprofessional. They could spend roughly two and a half hours of all of our time, but not take a few minutes to send me an email or leave me a phone message that I was no longer being considered for the position. But such is life. I got the impression from all of them that they are overworked and underpaid.

Interview Questions

• walk us through your experience, can you handle high stress situations, describe an experience where you disagreed with a decision made and how you handled it, where do you see yourself in 5 years, describe how you organize your days and weeks, how proficient are you with excel etc.   Answer Question
    • What print media would you choose to reach our target audience (parents of school aged children)   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Carat.

Interview

Rigorous interview process but friendly team members who take the nervousness away from you. HR is very helpful and will prep you for the interview. Research the company and be prepared to really lay out your intentions for your career.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carat.

Interview

I came in for an entry-level interview only to find out when I got there that one out of the two people that I was supposed to meet with was out of town. Instead of meeting with the original two people as expected, I ended up meeting with 4. They acted like my previous experience would hinder me (communications/PR, marketing). I was confused as to why they acted like this when 1. I was interviewing for an entry-level position and 2. The job description said that they would train me and 3. The experience that I've had is very valuable.

After the interview, I decided that it wouldn't be a good fit and if I were to get the offer, I would respectfully decline. More than 2 weeks later and haven't even heard a peep out of them. Just another one of those instances where the company doesn't consider the candidates' time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about where you see your career going, are you proficient in Excel, are you good with numbers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

I filed an application for an entry level position via an online portal. A month later, a recruiter from HR reached out to me about providing my resume for further evaluation. After submitting my resume, I completed a preliminary phone screening after which a group director contacted me for an in-person interview. The interview itself was completely behavioral and consisted of two 1:1 meetings with account directors looking to potentially staff me. Both interviews lasted about an hour. As this happened right before the Christmas holiday, I did not hear back with an offer until the first week of the new year.

Interview Questions

Interview

Welcoming, thorough, helpful, informative. I was able to meet quite a few people from different accounts to get a strong feel for the energy and dynamic of the varying teams. I met with team members ranging from directors to associates which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carat.

Interview

Two interviews. One over the phone and one in person. The one over the phone was simple, just asking about past experience and talking about the company. Second one in person went more into what my skills were and what I would bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem in a job/internship you previously had and how did you fix it?   Answer Question