Carat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Communications Planning Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR on a Friday, where we discussed the role and responsibilities. I had an interview set up for the following week, where I met with 3 team members. HR was responsive as I continued to follow up between interviewing and accepting my offer.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

While the process lasted 8 days, I never actually had the opportunity to speak with the recruiter who reached out to me.

The recruiter rescheduled on me twice only to tell me on the day of our third attempt to meet that the position has been filled. Independent from the position being filled, I’ve never had a professional interaction that has been handled so unprofessionally.

The two times the recruiter contacted me to reschedule occurred the morning of our scheduled meeting. The latter cancellation happened only 1 hour before our meeting time.

Advice to Carat: provide accountability for recruiters so that unprofessional experiences like this will not happen in the future. An interview is an opportunity for both the candidate and company to gauge whether the other party is a good fit. I’m sure Carat would not treat any client in this unprofessional, unpleasant manner of being strung along. All in all this was an extremely unpleasant experience. This would be an extremely unpleasant experience in any business setting.

Assistant, Communications Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The Interview process was very calm and welcoming. The Interviewers will basically just ask about your past experience and why you would like to start a career in media and marketing. Overall was a very good experience.

Assistant, National Video Activation Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Brief phone call with talent acquisition. Got invited for an in person interview for the next week. Interviewed with 5 different teams. Very welcoming and relaxed interviews. Basically just wanted to talk and get to know me and get a feel for my personality. Received an offer the next day.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (Portland, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

It was very casual , a very short interview overall. The person who took my interview was obviously in a hurry and wanted to get over with it as soon as possible .I was told about the interview just a day in advance and hence got no time to prepare .The interview went well as far as I am concerned , but they were seeking someone with a high level of experience and hence i think I got no call backs , neither did anybody respond to my mails.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experience ?
      How would you prepare for a meeting when you loose all your data ?
      Whats your preferred medium of representing data to a client ?   Answer Question

Assistant Digital Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter at the company and had a phone interview. I heard back about a week later and was invited to come in for an in person interview the following week. I met separately with two members of the team I would be working on. It was very short, I think it was more to get an idea if I’d be a good fit in the work environment especially since it is an entry level position. Two days later I received an email from the recruiter and she asked if she could follow up with a phone call the next day. On the phone she told me I had gotten the position and I was sent an offer letter a few hours later.

Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carat (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Did a quick phone interview and then was asked to come in and meet with some team members. My interview lasted about an hour and a half and asked basic questions about my resume and my interest in the company. The people I interviewed with were super friendly.

Digital Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Spoke with a Recruiter on the phone, who then invited me into the office. Once in the office, I interviewed with 2 teams - 3 people from one team, and only 1 from the other. I received a follow up email the next day asking if I would be willing to have a Skype session with two more people from one of the teams. This Skype call was about an hour long. I received a follow up call the next day with a verbal offer, followed by a written offer about 5 days later.

Digital Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Carat (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview giving me general information about the company and going over some of background that lasted 10-15 minutes. Then we scheduled a day for me to come in for a formal interview in the office. I received an email with a date and time and people I would be meeting while I was there. The in-person interview was very relaxed, I met with three different people and was there for about an hour.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Carat.

Interview

First interview was a quick 20 minute phone conversation. The recruiter explained the position, and he seemed very professional. I went in for a second and interview with two directors. It was terrible. The first acted like she was on something and interrupted me the entire time. She was way too casual for an interview. The second was the opposite. She asked very straight forward questions. Had a condescending attitude towards me. I never heard back from the recruiter. He didn't even reach out after I sent a couple follow up emails. He was very, very unprofessional and lazy. It really shows a lot about the company and I would never suggest anyone go through the process. Terrible experience.