Cardiff University Interview Questions in Cardiff, Wales | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.4

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)).

Interview

First I applied via an online application form which meant answering specific questions based on the role. The interview was held over a whole day and consisted of 1 test, 1 informal interview and a formal interview panel based. The informal interview lasted 30 minutes and was based on competency based questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

5 questions on the competencies plus a telephone interview beforehand that asked about skills. The application form had to be exact with evidence of each of the key skills they wanted. I also had to give examples of things I had done to prove that I had the skills from my previous jobs and volunteering experience. I had to make sure my linked in profile was up to date as they stalked me on linked in before I started.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

A one to one chat with one of the organisers of the Open Day, it was informal and over quickly. The main reason was to check what kind of role would suit me and whether I would be a good representative of the University.

Venues Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

One interview, it was taken by two people, I had a man and a woman. It lasted about 10 minutes and I was asked a range of questions about myself and the job.

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

I didn't have a formal interview as such. I was called into the managers office for a brief chat about the various responsibilities, then the manager asked if I felt I could do the job. She would review me work after a week or so. I had to meet her again a few days later to confirm things.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online to a Research Associate position for an EPRSC project (a research funding agency from the UK). A few weeks after the closing date, I received an invitation for an Skype interview with a panel of three people.

The interview was nice, mostly a background check and questions about how would I solve some of the technical problems that could arise during the project

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation (salary was fixed) except regarding the starting date (I was able to delay it by 1 month)

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cardiff University (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Shortly after the closing date I've got an interview invitation that included travel expenses (always a plus). The interview was with a pannel of three people including an admin person and two scientist one of them the programme leader. The interview was very relaxed and easy, no tough questions, they were more interested in an informal chat and get to know you than anything else.
    Some examples:
    1. Talk a bit about your CV and how do you think your experience fits with the position
    2. Example of a difficult situation that involved team work, how did you contributed...
    3. What my co-workers will say about me?
    4. Computing skills specialy about excel. They ask me about what excel macros are.
    5. What keeps me motivated?
    6. What do you know about the human papiloma virus?
    7. Career plans and objectives
    8. Explain what is your understanding of the project you will be involved in
    8. Reasons for applying for the job. They challenge my reasons for applying to the job asking me repeatdely about routinary work.
    9. Hobbies

Very predecible questions

Interview Questions

• Coming from a different area of research, why are you interested in this topic and how do you think your previous experience prepares you for this job?   Answer Question