Cardinal Health Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cardinal Health Director Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cardinal Health (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extensive and thorough. On-site interviews multiple times. Senior Executives participated. CIO wants to interview any role that will be reporting to a Vice President. Throughout the entire process everybody was extremely friendly and very professional with good follow-up, including the administrative assistance, recruiting and actual senior executives.

Interview Questions

• What my style of leadership was   1 Answer

location

Other Interview Reviews for Cardinal Health

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview

Board of interviewees about 2 hours each within division . General background asked strength and weakness and most challenging situation and how it was dealt with. Asked some questions pertaining to experience linked to job type and thoughts about future there from what I knew of the company and opportunities. Questions on process improvement approaches and how to engage that and examples from past and how to app rich it.overall straightforward process nothing odd.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None to speak of

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cardinal Health (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview with multiple folks including the hiring manager and functional VP. Very fun process that started with several phone calls and using Cardinal's application process on line. I always struggle with salary field on the on line applications. There was a panel interview with several functional areas that interacted with the position. Office was fantastic and the security was quite impressive as well. Their was drug screen and background check preceeding the receipt of the formal acceptance letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you missed a deliverable objective?   1 Answer

Negotiation

typical with several counter offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cardinal Health (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Terrible candidate experience. I interviewed with Cardinal Health in November 2014. At first, it sounded like a great opportunity, and I was very excited and hopeful to join their team. I went to the on-site interview, and there were some red flags, but I was willing to look past those because I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt. For example, I received my flight and hotel itinerary on the day of departure for the interview. When I finally received the itinerary, I noticed that my name was spelled wrong and the rental car was reserved for the connection city, not Columbus - where I would arrive and need a rental car. I was also booked for the last flight of the day in November connecting through Chicago - not a high likelihood for on time arrival. After several back and forth conversations with the recruiter, these issues were resolved and she apologized by saying that the person who arranged the travel had been sent back to training. When I arrived to Columbus, after mid-night, the rental car company they had arranged for me was already closed, and I went to another one that was still open to get a car - I have NOT been reimbursed to this date (May 2015), and I don't expect to ever be, despite several follow-ups.

Follow-up was the biggest issue with this candidate experience. I left the on-site with the hiring manager telling me to be expecting an offer. I was very excited, and I thought hey, every organization has it's challenges but no big deal. Two weeks later, I received a call from recruiting - I thought she was going to have the offer, but instead she said she wanted to set up more phone interviews with me. On the day of the phone interview, no one called. I called the recruiter, and she said they just needed to push back the call 30 minutes, so I waited 30 minutes and still no one called. In fact, I never had any more phone interviews, and no one ever explained to me what was going on - just that schedules were complicated. It just seemed so disjointed and disorganized from my side.

Over the next 2.5 months, I followed up every week or two for updates. Routinely the recruiter would tell me that she would be in touch by Friday (as in the Friday of the week I reached out). This follow-up never happened on the day she committed to call or email. Not once. More red flags.

I believe that the way a company communicates and treats candidates is an indication of the overall culture and what you can expect after joining their team. I really wanted this opportunity, but my gut told me that there were too many things that didn't add up. In the end, I did receive an offer in February 2015. I did not accept it. They never asked for any feedback. I did not have another competing offer. I just want to join a team and take my career to a place where I will feel valued.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about experience and cultural fit.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Begins with a phone screen, next two different phone interviews followed by an in-person multi-person interview. Also background and drug screens are included. Process takes about two months. During the process a psychological yest is administered as a part of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, there was no negotiation - just an offer.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cardinal Health.

Interview

Pretty basic process. Screening now for females and periodically minorities. Don't count on this helping as this really only fulfills an EOE requirement. These guys are not the brightest bunch of people in HR and most of their hiring managers have very little experience in interview tactics and screening.

Interview Questions

• Fairly typical questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple. Made counter, and they had to regroup. Benefits and compensation not really what I would call stellar.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cardinal Health (Columbus, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

1. Recruiter will provide job description
    2. Telephone interview. Health care and technology topics
    3. Face to face interview, Personality, domain knowledge, health care products, technolgy
    4. HR discussion, 401, sal, bonus and share discussion

Interview Questions

• Related to health care (Membership, claims, plans, payers, providers).
      IT related questions. Data Base, ETL, Reporting
      1. Recruiter will provide job description
      2. Telephone interview. Health care and technology topics
      4. HR discussion, 401, sal, bonus and share discussion
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cardinal Health (Dublin, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

great process and met a lot of people on the team that asked questions on your background and fit. there was a card game potion that you had to choose what you preferred and put them in order to know your personality. they gave honest feedback and solid responses

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cardinal Health (Dublin, OH) in August 2009.

Interview

Sent resume through Taleo via Cardinal Health. Interviewed 4 separate times with various leaders.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

completely open but I took the opportunity