Cardinal Health Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cardinal Health Operations Manager Interview Questions

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Health (Knoxville, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later. The call came in the evening and I almost mistook it for a spam call. A phone interview was scheduled for the following morning but the interviewer never called me. I reached out to him several times and left messages to reschedule. I never received a return call. Instead, I received an email 2 weeks later saying that a more qualified candidate was hired. I'm at a loss to determine how I was deemed less qualified when I never had an interview.

Interview Questions

• When can you schedule an interview? I'm sure there would have been more questions had the interviewer actually showed up for the scheduled interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cardinal Health

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cardinal Health (Honolulu, HI) in February 2010.

Interview

Prescreened by HR over phone interview: basic questions, background, experience etc.
    Second phone interview with regional HR: similar questions and what if scenarios
    Third phone interview and set appt. to meet local Gen Mgr at site. This was clearly just to squeeze info about recent interviews and communication with competition in town "ABC" NYSE. No tour of facilities, using "lean six-sigma" strategies (ten year old techniques) which seem to not be working there yet. Expected something from this meeting though but nothing happened.
    This was another example of too many cooks in the kitchen. The local GC seemed to have no control, and no idea of the process of filling the position.
    HR is the slowest process and getting slower. Yes I understand the right people on the bus in the right seats, but, this kind of process flow, or lack thereof, is inexcusable.
    Why does it take 3 to 6 months and longer to get the process done? If I performed like that I, and anybody else in OPS would be out on their butts.
    In the similar fashion, local wholesale/distribution facilities in Hawaii just do not get it.

They are stuck in the 1970's in SCM: when they are looking for a Operations Manager they really want a "warehouse guy" which does not contain the scope of "Modern" process flow engineering and maintenance; and also they are ebarrasingly ignorant of the vasltly improved managerial techniques with personell management and team building; there is also a secrecy with regard to the business metrics and numbers that are indicitive of production etc. These "secret" reports make it impossible to measure or matricize even the smallest of changes etc. How bogus is that? That is like driving blindfolded.

Team building is great; however, unless we are going to be paid on the basis of "how we feel we have done" and do our OWN evaluations, do not expect managers to get increases in production, reductions in cost, and improvements in customer satisfaction and retention of good customers and good employees. We cannot run high production processes based on "Dr. Feel Good" mindsets. Lead, follow, or get out of the way! Bottum line resutls from a "get-er-done" mindset (solution-minded, customer-driven, focused in the NOW stuff)
    If you want "change" then expect changes!

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? (oxymoron implied and intended for morons=stupid is as stupid asks)   1 Answer
    • If you were doing extremely well at your job performance would you rather be promoted or paid more?   1 Answer