CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions in Owings Mills, MD | Glassdoor

CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield Interview Questions in Owings Mills, MD

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.6

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

the interview process is smooth, very informative and they like to hear and see that you're motivated and passionate about the position. They invite you to interview which is almost like a does this work for us both or not session of information.

Interview Questions

• what is your ultimate career goal   1 Answer

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Order of the interview:
    Questionnaire
    Phone Screen interview
    Onsite interview with talent aquisition specialist and hiring manager
    Panel interview with 3-4 managers
    Interview with senior director

The interview was straight forward. Interviewers asked standard behavioral questions. Wanted clear and specific examples. Interviewed multiple times with multiple interviewers in a leveled process.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. Name a time where (X) happened and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

MTM Lead Performane Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

First of all start of saying it is rude to have scheduled one interview with applicant and not advise them prior to visit that they are going to have 3 separate interviews one with recruiter, hiring manager and director or hiring manager who left that area. The interview lasted for 2.5 hours and I was very upset and pissed I had other interviews scheduled on same day let alone have to work. Then secondly to write down some of my team building ideas and STATE they are going to use this as their own and corporate in their work WITHOUT hiring the person who gave the idea is very DIRTY. ALSO don't take applicant on FREAKING Tour if your not going to hire them. I will never waste my time with this company let alone apply. DONT WASTE your time they are going to hire in-house anyway just have to have interviews as company policy when they are going to give it to in-house employee then don't waste darn time interviewing outside. Then to ask question like how would you feel if another associate tells you directly you are from outside we don't have to listen to you is disrespectful and SOMETHING THEY need to handle like writing up associate for being rude. This lets me know that they have no control over their staff does not matter how long they have been working their common courtesy is what needs to be done. Then recruiter does not even have the audacity to send an response like job has been filled DONT WASTE your time.. Carefirst DOES NOT CARE

Interview Questions

• Name some team building activities   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I applied online for the position and got a phone call the same day from a recruiter. It was a pretty basic phone screen with a couple of behavioral questions thrown in. An onsite interview was scheduled for a week later. This was with the hiring manager and two programmers. The questions in this portion of the interview were more technical, but you are not expected to write any code. They also ask a lot of questions about your resume. Know and truly understand your object-oriented programming and MVC concepts and you should be fine. A database question was also thrown in there. Got an offer about a week later and took it.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter and had a brief phone conversation. I was then asked to come to an in-person interview with the hiring manager and another colleague. This was followed by another 1:1 interview and then a phone interview with an Executive that works remotely. The entire process was very thorough and professional. Although I was not offered the position, I was contacted and notified that an offer had been made and accepted by another candidate. It was an overall positive experience and I was treated very respectfully throughout.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle consistent complaints from your team when a very high performer on your team was causing interpersonal conflicts? Other than this problem, the member of the team is a very big asset.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

It was fairly simple. I submitted an application online. I spoke on the phone with the Human Resources hiring manager, which was a phone screen. She told me all of the openings they had available. I chose which I thought fit best for my background and passions. When I came in, I was interviewed by 2 members of the team I was interviewing for. After the interview, I followed up and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified? Why are you interested? What will you bring to the position?   1 Answer

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I initially applied for the job on Linkedin and a Carefirst recruiter contacted me and asked me to send in my resume. After that I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then I was asked to come in and meet with two people in the department, the director and the manager. I was there for over an hour and I showed them my portfolio and talked about the work flow, upcoming projects and the company culture. Then I was asked to come in a second time to meet a couple other directors of other teams. It was more like a meet and greet, they told me about the types of projects they were working on and how the different teams interact. They also described the company culture. After that I had another phone interview with another director. I waited to hear back from the recruiter and it probably took almost another week to hear back but they offered me the position over the phone and sent an offer letter. The whole process took a little over three weeks closer to a month. It was probably the toughest interview process I have gone through but it was well worth it.

Interview Questions

• Take us through a project you worked on, describe any challenges you had and the response from stakeholders. What was your thought process like? Was the site successful, how was success measured?   1 Answer

Director Technology Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume, week later company recruiter contacted me. After a bit of phone tag, had an initial phone screen for over and hour. Seemed to go well and was advised i appeared to be a really good fit for position and I should expect to be called in for a face to face with VP within 1-2 weeks. That's where it all ended. Never received that call, not even a courtesy follow up in spite of my emails and phone messages. Leaves one to wonder if this indicative of their talent acquisition process , or is acceptable behavior of hiring managers or recruitment staff. Shame senior or any candidates for that matter are treated in this manner. Especially for a company like CareFirst.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions pertaining to experience and skills.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

The most difficult part seems to be getting selected to begin the process. They have a basic and very textbook hiring and interview process once you are selected to get to that point. My experience with the HR personnel was very pleasant and gave me a really great feeling about the company.

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected or difficult questions for a customer service position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

i was ask to write a detail of what a customer service rep is to a company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they made an offer i accepted with no weekends or holidays to work and no 10 hour shifts for 7 days