CareFusion Senior Principal Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorba Linda, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFusion (Yorba Linda, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview consists of 1 phone screening and 2 on-site 1:1 interview. During the phone interview, I was asked to write C functions to calculate number of 1s in an integer. After this is done, I was asked if I can improve its performance. With some hints from him, I got the answer he wanted.

The on-site interview was setup a week later. I met with 3 sw engineer managers. For each interviewer, the first part are always about past experience. The 2nd part are techincal questions regarding C/C++ and embedded systerms. After the talk with the 3 managers, I was led to their lab to do some paird programming test with a senior principle engineer. They are doing extreme programming, some practice that is rare in embedded development.

About 2 weeks later, I was asked to attend a 2nd round onsite interview. I first talked to a senior enigineer. The question are most techinical. Finally, I have a chance to talk to the director. He basically let me ask him questions. I asked a lot about extreme programming and the agile process they are doing here.

In the evening, I was told I was not given an offer because they thought I might not be happy there. This is still some kind of a puzzle to me. I guess I asked them too many about extreme programming, which made them feel I had doubt about it.

Interview Questions

• What is re-entrant code?   1 Answer
    • What is recurse function call? How to unwrap the recursive function calls?   1 Answer