CareFusion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.7

Regulatory Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the corporate HR office, this was the worst experience ever!

They lead you on, then after all the travel arrangements, they decline at the 11th hour and
    come up with a lame excuse claiming to prefer local candidates after wasting 2 weeks
    of my time.

They have such limited budgets to work with and can't even afford to pay anything.

The most incompetent team ever!

I am glad I didn't pursue this company, based on all the negative feedback!

Interview Questions

• They never even bothered to read my resume prior to the interview, absolute clueless.
      The job title was senior but when interviewed they weren't sure!
      The interviewer was so arrogant, it was all about him, then abruptly had to go.
      This was the most unprofessional interview I ever had.
      1 Answer

Product/Market Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at CareFusion in April 2015.

Interview

initial resume through HR recruiter, several follow up interviews. First was a phone screen by HR recruiter, then a small panel with marketing director and a few associates, then a 1:1 with the product manager, then 1:1 with VP of marketing.

Interview Questions

• what teaches you more, a successful product launch or a failed product launch?   1 Answer

I accepted another position.

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFusion (Birmingham, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

Still in process . . . But my opinion so far . . . 4 interviews . . They put me through to the hiring manager quickly so I didn't waste time in talent acquisition department. First interview was more of a meet and greet, learn more about the job, concerns, etc. Second interview had typical interview questions. Third interview was more getting to know the product I'd be selling and meeting another team member. Fourth interview is an in-person formal sales presentation to senior sales team. I chose the details, they just gave an outline and time frame. Job offer will be same day if they like the presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a plan and the plan got altered. How did you deal with that change?   Answer Question

Senior Mechanical Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with human resources, mostly about the location and salary. Then phone interview with the hiring manager, very easy. invited for on-site interview, interviewed with 5 people, mostly behavioral questions, very easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager asks you to do a test that you know is not right?   Answer Question

Principal Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

This position was for an EE position within the Advanced R&D group of Infusion department.

I submitted my resume online and got a phone screen from the recruiter about a week later. The recruiter asked to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager at the end of the phone call. The phone interview happened about a week later and lasted 30 minutes. Most of the questions revolved around discussing my current experience.

Came in about 1.5 weeks after that for a full in person interview. The interview process went Hiring Manager (tour), Principal EE + Sr. Principal EE (group), Director of Engineering, Principal Software Engineer, then back to Hiring manager. Each portion of the process was 1 hour long except for the last interview with the hiring manager (30 min). 4.5 hours with no breaks. It was a grueling, but thorough process.

Hiring Manager (tour) - Simply a tour of the facilities and brief overview of the product (infusion pump). Gave more of a description of the job.

Principal EE + Sr. Principal EE (group) - This interview was largely technical. Lots of discussion about electrical engineering fundamentals, communication protocols, transistor theory, etc. Some scattered questions about previous education, personal goals, etc.

Director of Engineering - Was expecting a technical interview, but instead was presented with high level abstract scenarios. Also got alot of "HR type" questions like "what are your strengths/weaknesses", "what would your current supervisor", etc. I personally was not prepared for those types of questions.

Principal software engineer - Very laid back. Talked about his experience at Carefusion and asked very few questions about my experience. This almost felt like a slot filler, but it was nice to have a "break" from the previous rigorous interviews.

Hiring Manager - Touched on more technical questions pointed at my past experience.

Overall the experience was VERY tiring, but it was a good stretch of my technical expertise. I did not receive an offer, but enjoyed the experience. The interviewers were very personable and the process from beginning to end was very efficient. If you interview at CF, just be prepared for a heavy itinerary. Apparently they are known for very grueling interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you have a touch screen and a processor interface to the system hardware, how do you come up with the requirements for test?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareFusion.

Interview

As a technician you just get interviewed by one person in the department I worked. Afterwords they show you around the lab whether you are to be hired or not. They might even ask you questions along the tour. But overall it was a very easy going process, if you are just looking for technician position.

Product Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareFusion.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter of a staffing agency regarding this position. Before I was even allowed to have the telephone interview, I had to send in 3 recommendation letters. This was something new to me but I did it.

I had a telephone interview with the supervisor and with a senior product engineer. The interview was very unsual in that it was geared more towards what type of work I would really like to do. They were having problems keeping people in this position and wanted to make sure that I wasn't not trying to be a developer and that I would be okay with a production type data analyst position.

After the phone interview, I received a phone call asking me to come in for a face to face interview. When I first got there, I sat down with a product engineer and watched her work for about 30 minutes. Then I had an interview with the supervisor, the senior product engineer was on the phone, and there were also 2 other product engineers in the room.

After 30 minutes, they left and I interviewed with an Implementation manager who was more familiar with HR related information and who just asked me a few basic questions.

Two days later, I was informed by the recruiter that I had gotten the position. I had to then send out 5 recommendation surveys before I could receive my offer letter, even though I had already completed recommendation letters up front. After these were sent to the company by my references, I received my hire letter. I begin the background check and a drug test and then was able to start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me what I requested so there was no need for a negotiation.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

got called in for interview, met with manager first. than on second interview met with manager and other members of the team. reviewed my history and asked questions about the department. last interview was with director

waited several days to hear back from them and was presented with offer.

Interview Questions

• prepare to answer questions regarding mock issues. What would you do to identify issue, root cause, how to solve, road to solve and implementation of solution.

What were difficult situations have you encountered and what did you do to over come them?
      1 Answer

Requirements Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareFusion (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

A recruiter presented my resume to the hiring manager and arranged the telephone screening and in-person interview. The in-person interview was in a CareFusion conference room with the manager and three requirements engineers. The CareFusion folks were very nice. Although I normally find interviews daunting, this seemed more like a friendly chat about the job and company. (It was around the time BD took over.) I never felt grilled or put on the spot. It was more just a chance to find out if it would be a good fit in terms of job duties, needed skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• We mainly discussed using the requirements management tool IBM Rational DOORS. The CareFusion people seemed to have a lot of experience with DOORS.   1 Answer

I thought the commute would be too much.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CareFusion (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

There were 2 interviews that were fairly simple. The outside recruiter was very helpful with keeping me updated but the process was very slow. I was told several things so not sure what happened at the end except I never heard back regarding the status.

Interview Questions

• How would you complete a given task?   1 Answer