Career Blazers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Career Blazers

Sort:

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Career Blazers (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I was contacted via email and asked to come in for an interview and find out more about job opportunities. I went in, took the MS office 2007 computer tests, and met with the lead recruiter. I gave him my story, laid-off, professsional, not finding success, not even interviews in my job hunt, could he offer me temp work, etc. He seemed disappointed that I wasn't groveling (I have a few months left of unemployment and a roommate so I'm staying afloat). He said that people usually come to him when they are desperate. I told him I'm getting nervous about the lack of results, but I'm not desperate, and would happily do temp work just to get back in the game. He said he had a couple openings, he would make some contacts, and get back to me next week. I left perplexed, while still believing him at his word. I sent him a thank you letter, a follow-up letter, and a phone call. He didn't even respond at all. Since him I've gone to 3 more agencies. Same game, they express interest, feign courtesy, say they have things for me, and I don't hear back from them. I think their gameplan is, they're circling like vultures, watching for weakness, offer you hope, which turns out to be false, then they expect you to be happy with an offer of a $12 an hr temp job that could run as long as 1 to12 wks. After you decline that measly offer, you won't hear from them again. They don't have any jobs to offer, except the bottom of the barrel. You're better off just submitting resumes directly to companies you're interested in online.

Interview Questions

• What are you doing to to position yourself for future success.   1 Answer
    • Then she asked me how will that help you 5 years from now.   1 Answer