Career Education Admissions Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Career Education Admissions Advisor Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Not lengthy at all very easy and complacent. Overall the director that intereviewed me was very nice and engaging. Sitting with one of the advisors made a world of difference with the exception of some of the senior help their (lead advisors). I want to grow my career here at AIU, but it's like it's already rigged!

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you can do this job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Career Education

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I completed a phone interview with the staffing agency over FaceTime. When I came for the in-person interview at CEC, I met with one of the managers. He was amazing and kind. He asked a couple of questions to get a sense of my experiences and how I answered STAR based questions. Then I had the chance to ask him questions. Let me tell you, every single person I met was dedicated to helping the students. It is something they really took pride in and they have a great, supportive culture that I could experience even just being there for 1.5 hours. I was offered to sit in with an Admissions lead who was very talented at her job and gave me some good tips. I know some people said on here that it is like a sales job, but after talking with her, it just depends on the person and how they look at their position. It is not inherent in the position. I got a call the next day with the offer.

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who wants to apply. My experience was very positive. The only reason I declined is because working weekends is not possible for me in the long run and all departments work at least one weekend day. If you don't mind that, you get to help people pursue education, expand their employment options, and achieve what they did not think they could before. Honestly, a great place.

Interview Questions

• STAR based questions like, Tell me about a time you had to re-prioritize on the fly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very direct, overview of the company, overview of the job, given the tour of the office, explained the training procedures, asked questions about former work history, gave examples of a typical work day.

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Career Education (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

The interview was conducted in the actual office setting that you would work. Typically the Director of a team would meet you face to face at the receptionist's desk and take you to their office and complete the interview one on one or with another member of the workforce.

The initial hiring phase was completed through a staffing company. The staffing company worked diligently to ensure you were interviewed, that's their role.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer ended up being my first Director, so it was a nice experience to be interviewed by the same person that I would end up working under. A lot of people did not have the same experience, however, I believe the company has a basic rubric for questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were open, but I was more than satisfied with just getting hired!

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Need to be positive and energetic

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over anyone else?   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Career Education.

Interview

Very basic interview. No unusual questions. You may be asked to sit in and shadow a current advisor to show you what is expected of you in this position. If you are able to speak well and answer basic questions quickly you will be offered a position. Training usually lasts two weeks and is payed.