Career Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Career Education Interview Questions

Interviews at Career Education

2.6

Sort:

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Career Education in June 2011.

Interview

The process moved quickly and I interviewed with many people. It was interesting meeting with so many individuals from various departments. The interview does not give you a feel for the culture at all.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable creating ad hoc reports?   1 Answer

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education in September 2010.

Interview

If interested, you will be sent to one of the Directors of Admission on the floor. Most of the Directors have less than 5 years experience. General interview questions. Interview no longer than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, negotiate if you have skills.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Not lengthy at all very easy and complacent. Overall the director that intereviewed me was very nice and engaging. Sitting with one of the advisors made a world of difference with the exception of some of the senior help their (lead advisors). I want to grow my career here at AIU, but it's like it's already rigged!

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you can do this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very direct, overview of the company, overview of the job, given the tour of the office, explained the training procedures, asked questions about former work history, gave examples of a typical work day.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Meet face to face with a director if the resume works with what they are looking for. You go over general house-keeping questions but also more about your background as well

Interview Questions

• How do you work in recruitment and sales to achieve quotes. The admissions advisor's goal is to convince and persuade individuals to enroll in school   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Career Education (Downers Grove, IL).

Interview

The interview was conducted in the actual office setting that you would work. Typically the Director of a team would meet you face to face at the receptionist's desk and take you to their office and complete the interview one on one or with another member of the workforce.

The initial hiring phase was completed through a staffing company. The staffing company worked diligently to ensure you were interviewed, that's their role.

Interview Questions

• My interviewer ended up being my first Director, so it was a nice experience to be interviewed by the same person that I would end up working under. A lot of people did not have the same experience, however, I believe the company has a basic rubric for questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were open, but I was more than satisfied with just getting hired!

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Need to be positive and energetic

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over anyone else?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I completed a phone interview with the staffing agency over FaceTime. When I came for the in-person interview at CEC, I met with one of the managers. He was amazing and kind. He asked a couple of questions to get a sense of my experiences and how I answered STAR based questions. Then I had the chance to ask him questions. Let me tell you, every single person I met was dedicated to helping the students. It is something they really took pride in and they have a great, supportive culture that I could experience even just being there for 1.5 hours. I was offered to sit in with an Admissions lead who was very talented at her job and gave me some good tips. I know some people said on here that it is like a sales job, but after talking with her, it just depends on the person and how they look at their position. It is not inherent in the position. I got a call the next day with the offer.

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who wants to apply. My experience was very positive. The only reason I declined is because working weekends is not possible for me in the long run and all departments work at least one weekend day. If you don't mind that, you get to help people pursue education, expand their employment options, and achieve what they did not think they could before. Honestly, a great place.

Interview Questions

• STAR based questions like, Tell me about a time you had to re-prioritize on the fly.   Answer Question

Interview

Hired as part of an acquisition for interview process was probably not typical.

Negotiation

Able to get the flexible schedule I requested

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is based on behavior and situation questions asked by the team lead and director. There are a series of 2 interviews that occur over a couple of months. They ask you to present a sample PowerPoint of your work during one of the interviews as well. HR with the organization takes a while to work with. Though the interview may happen over a couple of months the whole process took 3-4 months.