Career Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Career Education Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was already an employee of the company trying to switch departments. I filled our online application and got a call within 1-2 days by one of the managers of the department to schedule the interview, asked a few questions about current job responsibilities and experience. When I got to the interview I was surprised how all the questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly situational or behavioral questions "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Career Education in February 2016.

Interview

Long, with complex questions interview process. Management was not sure if they wanted to fill in the position or not. Overall experience - some personal opinions impact on the hiring decision. Although there were around five interviewers involved, some of them have more weight on decision making than others. Difficulty of the questions - average, more behavior than technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement unpopular process?   1 Answer

CPC Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Hoffman Estates, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Recruiter called and said I have been selected for a group interview. Group interview consisted of 8 seekers and three managers. One manager was held up, so we waited while the other did small talk. Thought the time could have been used better to tell about the company or culture. Each manager took a turn asking a question around the table. If you were last asked, all the "answers" had been said. Seemed rushed and uncomfortable. This technique did not allow for any conversation, and don't feel like the managers got a chance to get to know you. The position was not presented well, managers harped on the negatives (Saturdays, heavy workload).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you messed up, how you told your boss and what you did to fix it.   1 Answer

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Career Education.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by one recruiter a month later. Contacted by different recruiter two weeks after that. Had phone interview. Recruiter couldn't answer basic questions about the position. Said she'd present me to the hiring manager. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Lots of soft skill questions like, name adjectives that describe you, tell me about a time where you had to present information to others etc. Nothing really about testing software.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Career Education in February 2010.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen that was very typical, then went for 3 one on one interviews. The first person seemed very set in their way not flexible, the second was very disorganized and the third person I spoke with was very open, intelligent and honest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver disappointing news to a manager. How did it go and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Career Education in March 2009.

Interview

Discussed opportunities with the organization, but the salary and benefits where not what I expected.