Career Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Career Education (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

The HR person ave me a typical phone screen. did n't really understand the job. then they brought me in to meet the with the team I would be supporting. Finally they called me and made me an offer whihc I had to negotiate becuase it was substanstially lower than I had told them I wanted.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Career Education.

Interview

Very well done. The person who interviewed me took 45 minutes to to really take a look at my skill set, accomplishments, and natural ability. I actually enjoyed it. The person who interviewed me was through and slightly intimidating. I got the impression they enjoy seeing a person placed a little off balance. That did not happen with me

Interview Questions

• what have I accomplished In my former work and what did I not achieve in my former work   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation. They offered a specific amount and sadly would not offer more. I needed the job and said yes

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was already an employee of the company trying to switch departments. I filled our online application and got a call within 1-2 days by one of the managers of the department to schedule the interview, asked a few questions about current job responsibilities and experience. When I got to the interview I was surprised how all the questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly situational or behavioral questions "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Group interview. Typical interview questions asked. The interview was wasnt lengthy in time and the people doing the interview process were nice.The first part of the group interview was more of a presentation and they asked just a few questions. After that we broke out of the group and had one on one interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Not lengthy at all very easy and complacent. Overall the director that intereviewed me was very nice and engaging. Sitting with one of the advisors made a world of difference with the exception of some of the senior help their (lead advisors). I want to grow my career here at AIU, but it's like it's already rigged!

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you can do this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I completed a phone interview with the staffing agency over FaceTime. When I came for the in-person interview at CEC, I met with one of the managers. He was amazing and kind. He asked a couple of questions to get a sense of my experiences and how I answered STAR based questions. Then I had the chance to ask him questions. Let me tell you, every single person I met was dedicated to helping the students. It is something they really took pride in and they have a great, supportive culture that I could experience even just being there for 1.5 hours. I was offered to sit in with an Admissions lead who was very talented at her job and gave me some good tips. I know some people said on here that it is like a sales job, but after talking with her, it just depends on the person and how they look at their position. It is not inherent in the position. I got a call the next day with the offer.

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who wants to apply. My experience was very positive. The only reason I declined is because working weekends is not possible for me in the long run and all departments work at least one weekend day. If you don't mind that, you get to help people pursue education, expand their employment options, and achieve what they did not think they could before. Honestly, a great place.

Interview Questions

• STAR based questions like, Tell me about a time you had to re-prioritize on the fly.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Career Education in February 2016.

Interview

Long, with complex questions interview process. Management was not sure if they wanted to fill in the position or not. Overall experience - some personal opinions impact on the hiring decision. Although there were around five interviewers involved, some of them have more weight on decision making than others. Difficulty of the questions - average, more behavior than technical.

Interview Questions

• How do you implement unpopular process?   1 Answer

Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Arlington Heights, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Asked a lot of scenario based questions, about myself, about my current employment, why I am looking to leave. It was a difficult interview. Interviewed with 2 people which was about an hour with each manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change a policy and what did you change and how?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very direct, overview of the company, overview of the job, given the tour of the office, explained the training procedures, asked questions about former work history, gave examples of a typical work day.

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 other people including myself and there were 3 people conducting the interview. Be sure to be on time because the building is a little difficult to find, but it was good that they were were punctual.

Interview Questions

• All their questions asked about our experience regarding multitasking and time management. Also there were questions regarding customer service.   1 Answer