Career Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Career Education Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Career Education in March 2012.

Interview

6 interviews

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Round table interview with four interviewers and eight interviewees. It was a bit intimidating because you were always afraid that the person right before you would "take" the response that you've been wanting to say. It was quite challenging to come up with a response on the fly if that did occur; unfortunately that happened to me on several questions.

Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Arlington Heights, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Asked a lot of scenario based questions, about myself, about my current employment, why I am looking to leave. It was a difficult interview. Interviewed with 2 people which was about an hour with each manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to change a policy and what did you change and how?   Answer Question

Director of Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Career Education (Orlando, FL) in November 2012.

Interview

Long interview process begining with application through multiple hiring managers and department reviews. Process includes behavioral questions and face to face interviews. A good understanding of higher education is a must and a clear focus on doing what is best for the students is imperative!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you overcame a difficult situation with a co-worker, and did it effect your future professional dealings.   Answer Question

CPC Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Hoffman Estates, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

Recruiter called and said I have been selected for a group interview. Group interview consisted of 8 seekers and three managers. One manager was held up, so we waited while the other did small talk. Thought the time could have been used better to tell about the company or culture. Each manager took a turn asking a question around the table. If you were last asked, all the "answers" had been said. Seemed rushed and uncomfortable. This technique did not allow for any conversation, and don't feel like the managers got a chance to get to know you. The position was not presented well, managers harped on the negatives (Saturdays, heavy workload).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you messed up, how you told your boss and what you did to fix it.   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I heard about the position through a previous employee. I submitted my resume through a recruiter, Went in for a face to face interview and got the offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions. what would you do or say in this situation...   1 Answer

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was already an employee of the company trying to switch departments. I filled our online application and got a call within 1-2 days by one of the managers of the department to schedule the interview, asked a few questions about current job responsibilities and experience. When I got to the interview I was surprised how all the questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly situational or behavioral questions "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very direct, overview of the company, overview of the job, given the tour of the office, explained the training procedures, asked questions about former work history, gave examples of a typical work day.

Financial Aid Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

STAR related questions. meet with multiple hiring managers. was only one interview there was no second interview. was pleasant and comfortable. discussed the job qualifications. Did not discuss the pay or benefits until the job was offered.

Records Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Career Education in July 2012.

Interview

I met with a headhunter from a staffing agency who prepped me. I had an interview the next day and was hired. I was hired as a temp to hire and after 3 months I was made a full time employee