Career Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.6

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I heard about the position through a previous employee. I submitted my resume through a recruiter, Went in for a face to face interview and got the offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions. what would you do or say in this situation...   1 Answer

Financial Aid Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

You interview with 5 individuals and in a group setting. Very laid back managers and it was actually a fun process in which we laughed a lot. Young group of managers and most people they hire are right out of college

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a deadline. How did you ensure it was completed in time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable occured

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was already an employee of the company trying to switch departments. I filled our online application and got a call within 1-2 days by one of the managers of the department to schedule the interview, asked a few questions about current job responsibilities and experience. When I got to the interview I was surprised how all the questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly situational or behavioral questions "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Career Education (Hoffman Estates, IL).

Interview

The HR person ave me a typical phone screen. did n't really understand the job. then they brought me in to meet the with the team I would be supporting. Finally they called me and made me an offer whihc I had to negotiate becuase it was substanstially lower than I had told them I wanted.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Not lengthy at all very easy and complacent. Overall the director that intereviewed me was very nice and engaging. Sitting with one of the advisors made a world of difference with the exception of some of the senior help their (lead advisors). I want to grow my career here at AIU, but it's like it's already rigged!

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you can do this job?   1 Answer

Program Chair Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Career Education (San Antonio, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat unique (in my experience): there was a phone interview (conference call with the President of the Campus and Dean), after which I was invited to fly in for a campus visit. The unique part was that the phone interview seemed to have "sealed the deal" and my campus visit felt nothing like an interview, more of selling me on the place.

Interview Questions

• How do you assess your Instructors? What do you look for? How do you see your role?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very direct, overview of the company, overview of the job, given the tour of the office, explained the training procedures, asked questions about former work history, gave examples of a typical work day.

Financial Aid Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

STAR related questions. meet with multiple hiring managers. was only one interview there was no second interview. was pleasant and comfortable. discussed the job qualifications. Did not discuss the pay or benefits until the job was offered.

Records Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Career Education in July 2012.

Interview

I met with a headhunter from a staffing agency who prepped me. I had an interview the next day and was hired. I was hired as a temp to hire and after 3 months I was made a full time employee

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Career Education.

Interview

Very well done. The person who interviewed me took 45 minutes to to really take a look at my skill set, accomplishments, and natural ability. I actually enjoyed it. The person who interviewed me was through and slightly intimidating. I got the impression they enjoy seeing a person placed a little off balance. That did not happen with me

Interview Questions

• what have I accomplished In my former work and what did I not achieve in my former work   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation. They offered a specific amount and sadly would not offer more. I needed the job and said yes