Career Education Interview Questions in Schaumburg, IL | Glassdoor

2.4

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Career Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I was already an employee of the company trying to switch departments. I filled our online application and got a call within 1-2 days by one of the managers of the department to schedule the interview, asked a few questions about current job responsibilities and experience. When I got to the interview I was surprised how all the questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mainly situational or behavioral questions "tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL).

Interview

Group interview. Typical interview questions asked. The interview was wasnt lengthy in time and the people doing the interview process were nice.The first part of the group interview was more of a presentation and they asked just a few questions. After that we broke out of the group and had one on one interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Not lengthy at all very easy and complacent. Overall the director that intereviewed me was very nice and engaging. Sitting with one of the advisors made a world of difference with the exception of some of the senior help their (lead advisors). I want to grow my career here at AIU, but it's like it's already rigged!

Interview Questions

• What makes you think that you can do this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I completed a phone interview with the staffing agency over FaceTime. When I came for the in-person interview at CEC, I met with one of the managers. He was amazing and kind. He asked a couple of questions to get a sense of my experiences and how I answered STAR based questions. Then I had the chance to ask him questions. Let me tell you, every single person I met was dedicated to helping the students. It is something they really took pride in and they have a great, supportive culture that I could experience even just being there for 1.5 hours. I was offered to sit in with an Admissions lead who was very talented at her job and gave me some good tips. I know some people said on here that it is like a sales job, but after talking with her, it just depends on the person and how they look at their position. It is not inherent in the position. I got a call the next day with the offer.

I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who wants to apply. My experience was very positive. The only reason I declined is because working weekends is not possible for me in the long run and all departments work at least one weekend day. If you don't mind that, you get to help people pursue education, expand their employment options, and achieve what they did not think they could before. Honestly, a great place.

Interview Questions

• STAR based questions like, Tell me about a time you had to re-prioritize on the fly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Very direct, overview of the company, overview of the job, given the tour of the office, explained the training procedures, asked questions about former work history, gave examples of a typical work day.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with 2 other people including myself and there were 3 people conducting the interview. Be sure to be on time because the building is a little difficult to find, but it was good that they were were punctual.

Interview Questions

• All their questions asked about our experience regarding multitasking and time management. Also there were questions regarding customer service.   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I heard about the position through a previous employee. I submitted my resume through a recruiter, Went in for a face to face interview and got the offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions. what would you do or say in this situation...   1 Answer

Financial Aid Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

STAR related questions. meet with multiple hiring managers. was only one interview there was no second interview. was pleasant and comfortable. discussed the job qualifications. Did not discuss the pay or benefits until the job was offered.

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

The interview process was a list of simulated situation questions. It was a two person interview with manager and a senior team member. After each question by the manager the team member was asked if they had questions and they never did. At the end a comment was made by the team member and that was it. There was also a computer test that required basic knowledge where you had to find mistakes. All-in-all it was a fairly straight forward interview, not difficult at all. There was a subsequent second interview with a different manager and the head of the department. Those questions were about how you would fit in with the team.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Career Education (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

You interview with 5 individuals and in a group setting. Very laid back managers and it was actually a fun process in which we laughed a lot. Young group of managers and most people they hire are right out of college

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a deadline. How did you ensure it was completed in time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable occured