Cover image for Career Step

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Career Step Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 8 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Career Step

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Career Step (Lehi, UT)

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different managers after being recruited/referred over by an employee I used to work with at a previous company and met with various managers and HR people. I did a 1:1 interview as well as a panel interview with several managers, they just asked some questions to make sure it was going to be a good fit.

Interview Questions
  • Q: How did you do in your previous job? Were you able to reliably hit quota? What do you think made you successful? How much money do you want to make? What is your "why"? What motivates you to drive sales? What is your sales process? What did you think of your previous manager at your previous job/company? etc.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Career Step (Lehi, UT) in Sep 2018

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager first and then 4 sales managers afterward. It was a really positive experience. There was open communication and honest responses. I asked some challenging questions and they were handled with humility.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,950

984 Comments

Teachers

218.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Career Step~29395
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Career Step? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Career Step employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Career Step (Lehi, UT) in May 2018

Interview

Everyone that I interviewed with was very friendly and easy to speak with. It took the stress of an interview away and flowed more as a conversation. I went through 6 interviews before receving their decision, which was a bit much, but I was still greatful for the opportunity.

Interview Questions
  • Being an outsider hire, how would you gain the respect and confidence of the team you'd be managing.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Career Step (Provo, UT) in Feb 2016

Interview

The HR guy takes you in and interviews you. He put me down about my resume. Then I went and met with the CFO, barely got a word in edge wise. Could tell he really didn't care. Then I had to meet with the controller. She was nice and interesting. By this time I was a little done, but then I had to meet with the assistant controller. She was nice and we got along good and then I was finally on my way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Career Step (Provo, UT)

Interview

Not too bad. The HR guy was very direct and not nice at times. But once you get by him everyone seems pretty nice. I really enjoyed meeting with my manager. Some companies you interview with someone you will never meet again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Career Step

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Career Step

Interview

Pretty laid back in terms of questions. Given a few multiple choice/written tests testing basic skills like editing, logical thinking, and problem solving. Interviewed both my immediate manager as well as the manager of the whole department.

Interview Questions
  • If you could be one animal what would it be and why?

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Career Step (Provo, UT) in Jul 2013

Interview

Told me I'd work M-F, I could pick my schedule, and would be raised within 2 months of me hitting my goals consecutively. Hit my goal every month for 5 months, asked for a raise but they said "We know you deserve one, and it's being considered," have to work Saturdays as well, schedules range from 7AM-7PM and you don't get to pick a schedule. VP of sales interviewed me and didn't seem AT ALL interested in who I was, my skill set or experience. Just liked to hear him self talk about how amazing he is. I asked if there was room for promotion and how quickly I would be promoted since I took a $10/hour pay cut coming here, and they said within two months- Never happened.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orem, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Career Step (Orem, UT) in Mar 2012

Interview

Started with a phone interview with questions about skills. In person interview followed. Introduction to the team. Everyone there was extremely nice.

Interview Questions
  • Can't remember the details exactly. Lots of technical jargon types of questions.