CareerBuilder Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.5

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone screen with the recruiter. Then a phone interview with hiring manager followed by 2 in person interviews with the hiring manager and the team you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience?

Why are you looking for a new job?
      Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with four people from the team, and had a 30-minute talk with each of them. They were very nice. They introduced the company, position and benefits to me. Pretty common questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• 1. Strength and weakness.
      2. How do you relax when you are under stress?
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a marketing position at CareerBuilder. After 30 days of not receiving a reply from CB, I was suddenly called by a recruiter for the position. During the phone interview the recruiter was very professional, helpful and forthcoming. She then scheduled a phone interview w/the hiring manager. That call happened the following week. The call w/the hiring manager was equally professional and thoroughly enjoyable as he described what they were looking for, where they were going and why they had selected me to interview. This call was followed up with a in-person interview in CareerBuilder's offices in downtown Chicago. This was a 1:1 with the hiring manager and lasted more than 90 minutes. In the end, I did not make the final selection or receive an offer but I came away impressed with CB's professionalism in the hiring process.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to apply, had a phone interview shortly after. Was brought in for an in person with 2 people lasted only 30 minutes. Later that day they called and asked me to come back and meet more people. Came back a week after and met with 3 more people. I appreciate the swiftness but felt like they wasted my time. It is very hard to arrange time off of work to come in for an interview. Wish they had everything scheduled for the same day.

The recruiter was very unprofessional through the whole process. I had to ask for schedule confirmations multiple times and on my 2nd interviews the people I met with had a very outdated resume of mine.

Overall the interview process was one of the strangest I've ever experienced. My conversations felt rushed and never got a good feel for the place or the position. They definitely did not sell me on my job or the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult problem you solved and how you worked through it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Referred in by an employee. Spoke to a recruiter about the job details as well as your typical screening questions. Then spoke to the hiring manager about the position. Set up a face to face a week later with that hiring manager as well as another manager to talk about what I could bring to the team. Final step was a presentation a week later. Couple of days later the recruiter reached out to me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about getting in touch with a client who hasn't gotten back to you?   Answer Question

Software Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screen with the sales recruiter at company. There was no flow or conversation of the interview. Felt like an interrogation. You would figure with a sales interview that it wouldn't be like this. Simple interview questions though. I didn't get the sense of any excitement from her about software sales.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had two people interviewing at the same time. Kind of intimidating at first.But they were nice enough and tried to make me feel comfortable.I felt like the questions were very much the same as what you would expect an interview to ask. Nothing surprising, very normal questions.

Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Just was agreeable during the interview and they liked me; they didnt really ask any questions of value; the entire process was very easy and brief and I left knowing that I would be offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Then 2, 30 minute interviews. Not worth the drive downtown and not worth the time spent. Terrible communication between the recruiter and in person interviewees. Almost no knowledge share of any kind. Below average role for a young graduate, far below average for a seasoned veteran. Most of these folks are in or from Virginia and the nepotism seems to form visible dark clouds that fill their office space. Company losing BIG to LinkediN.

Interview Questions

• Very bland, general boilerplate questions. Both interviewees seemed to know far less about the software solutions industry than I found acceptable based on their positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I had met a senior manager through networking and we kept in touch. Over drinks one day he suggested I come in and check out CB for potential sales job. I applied online, and came in and met with three area sales managers and loved what I heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Every manager asked me: Do you know what kind of company CB is right now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sales salary is non-negotiable, each level has a defined salary & quota payout.