CareerBuilder Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.6

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 separate meetings. Phone screen, in person, and mock presentation. Typical sales interview. Being a recruitment company, the process was great. I met with multiple managers before I got the job. Everyone was very nice and respectful.

Interview Questions

• Mainly talked about previous sales experience   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There is an initial phone screen, followed up by a first in person interview with 2 hiring managers in which i had to do several mock sales calls, then another in person interview with the regional sales manager on a different date. Each lasted about 45 minutes to an hour.

HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was a phone screen with the recruiter. Then a phone interview with hiring manager followed by 2 in person interviews with the hiring manager and the team you will be working with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience?

Why are you looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I met with four people from the team, and had a 30-minute talk with each of them. They were very nice. They introduced the company, position and benefits to me. Pretty common questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• 1. Strength and weakness.
      2. How do you relax when you are under stress?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a marketing position at CareerBuilder. After 30 days of not receiving a reply from CB, I was suddenly called by a recruiter for the position. During the phone interview the recruiter was very professional, helpful and forthcoming. She then scheduled a phone interview w/the hiring manager. That call happened the following week. The call w/the hiring manager was equally professional and thoroughly enjoyable as he described what they were looking for, where they were going and why they had selected me to interview. This call was followed up with a in-person interview in CareerBuilder's offices in downtown Chicago. This was a 1:1 with the hiring manager and lasted more than 90 minutes. In the end, I did not make the final selection or receive an offer but I came away impressed with CB's professionalism in the hiring process.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to apply, had a phone interview shortly after. Was brought in for an in person with 2 people lasted only 30 minutes. Later that day they called and asked me to come back and meet more people. Came back a week after and met with 3 more people. I appreciate the swiftness but felt like they wasted my time. It is very hard to arrange time off of work to come in for an interview. Wish they had everything scheduled for the same day.

The recruiter was very unprofessional through the whole process. I had to ask for schedule confirmations multiple times and on my 2nd interviews the people I met with had a very outdated resume of mine.

Overall the interview process was one of the strangest I've ever experienced. My conversations felt rushed and never got a good feel for the place or the position. They definitely did not sell me on my job or the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult problem you solved and how you worked through it?   Answer Question

Major Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Referred in by an employee. Spoke to a recruiter about the job details as well as your typical screening questions. Then spoke to the hiring manager about the position. Set up a face to face a week later with that hiring manager as well as another manager to talk about what I could bring to the team. Final step was a presentation a week later. Couple of days later the recruiter reached out to me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about getting in touch with a client who hasn't gotten back to you?   Answer Question

Account EXE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

There were three parts, first was the phone interview. which followed with a serious of questions including what books do you read with recruiter. Then phone interview with manager and lastly in person interview which you had to do a mock call. they would call you a number of times and you would have to try and set with them.

Software Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screen with the sales recruiter at company. There was no flow or conversation of the interview. Felt like an interrogation. You would figure with a sales interview that it wouldn't be like this. Simple interview questions though. I didn't get the sense of any excitement from her about software sales.

Sales Interview

Application

Interview

Had two people interviewing at the same time. Kind of intimidating at first.But they were nice enough and tried to make me feel comfortable.I felt like the questions were very much the same as what you would expect an interview to ask. Nothing surprising, very normal questions.