CareerBuilder Ecommerce Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume online. Next, I had a pleasant phone interview with the hiring manager who invited me in. I met with her and two potential direct reports and believed we had a great rapport. The culture seemed driven, highly-focused on measurement, but with a “work hard, play hard” mentality.

I was invited for a final interview, but had to complete a 5-part assignment with quantitative analysis, two writing assignments, etc. the Thursday evening before a holiday weekend. I spent most of the holiday working on the assignment, which seemed to require in-depth knowledge of the company. I did extensive research and even signed up for their services to try to gather knowledge, but still needed to make some assumptions.

During the final interview, I met with a potential peer (who seemed very impressed with my samples), three potential direct reports (two from the first meeting and a direct hire, relatively young team), another senior manager (who seemed so comfortable with me that we were talking about professors and common classmates by the end of the interview, given that we received our MBA from the same college, and a final discussion with the hiring manager where I presented the highlights from my assignment. Overall the process was great until I received a canned rejection letter. I couldn’t believe that I didn’t warrant a more personal letter after spending at least 22 hours of my life across multiple days. Even more insulting was the fact that I saw the position posted for weeks following the end of the process. I've been turned down for positions a few times in the past, but never in such an unprofessional way--especially so far into the process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best person for this position?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle a direct report who was consistently late or had other performance issues?   Answer Question
  • How would you persuade a stakeholder to accept your ideas?   Answer Question