CareerBuilder Interview Questions in Norcross, GA | Glassdoor

CareerBuilder Interview Questions in Norcross, GA

Updated Dec 27, 2016

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA).

Interview

Overly difficult and lengthy interview process. I had to wait over 2 months for my second interview for a position they said they needed filled right away. I will never apply for a Careerbuilder position again. It was a horrible experience overall.

Interview Questions

• What is your change management methodology?
      What is the last professional book you read?
      What did you learn from the book?
      Tell me about a process improvement you made
      What would you have done better and why?
      Where did you store your Knowledge Base and FAQs in past positions?
      What do you think are the downfalls of using SharePoint?
      and a whole bunch of other very off the wall questions.
      I had three people in my interview and they were relentless with the questions. Most of the questions they ask were upper management level questions and were not tailored to the job description of the position I was interviewing for of Client Support Manager. They were very tough critics for a job that doesn't pay six figures.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

There were three separate interviews. The first was on the phone with very basic questions about what projects I had done and my previous job experience. After that they emailed two coding problems that I had twenty four hours to solve. The second was in person with the person who was going to be my boss. Similar questions as before, added in several sql database questions, and a coding exercize. The third interview was with my boss again, and the team members I would be working with. Another coding problem and the team asked me how comfortable I was with the technologies they were using and tested my knowledge of them.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that checks for cycles in a doubly linked list.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone screen and onsite technical/behavioral interview...was easy interview, very casual, people are very nice. Not a pressured interview environment, recruiters are very friendly. Doesn’t seem like a very intense technology company. Wasn’t specific about what team I was interviewing for

Interview Questions

• Reverse a string   1 Answer
    • write an algorithm to determine is "happy" ... a number is happy if the sum of the square of the digits ever equals one. An example of a happy number is 19:
      1^2 + 9^2 = 82
      8^2 + 2^2 = 68
      6^2 + 8^2 = 100
      1^2 + 0^2 + 0^2 = 1

If it is not happy then it will eventually hit repeat back to a number that it already saw
      2 Answers

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA).

Interview

I went through an initial screening interview, a very difficult written evaluation with actual CareerBuilder scenarios involved, and then a panel interview with the Product Owners and managers I would be working with and a panel interview with the Agile Project Management team.

The questions required excellent knowledge of Scrum and Kanban methodologies as well as questions about Lean and internal CareerBuilder terminology. I did a lot of research for the interviews.

The interviews were warm, welcoming, and light-hearted--the experience was excellent.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were pulled from current and real dilemmas faced at CareerBuilder, I used the STAR method to respond since it was both a matter of book knowledge and behavioral response.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

This was a multistep interview process that took a few weeks. I first interviewed over the phone and the second two were in person on the same day. Overall the interview was fairly simple, however, the company is not overly clear with with their current employees. They interviewed me for the position and offered the job. I received a call during the background check that the position was no longer offered because the devision of the company was removed.

Interview Questions

• If there was one thing you could change in your career to this point what would you change?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

They gave me a phone call interview, which involved two developers asking me technical questions. That was followed by an in-person interview consisting of my soon-to-be team lead, my new manager, and myself. That interview was largely centered on personality. I was then offered the position after my background check cleared.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my largest challenge as a programmer.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

First round was a phone call with the recruiter. Then an on-site interview with the hiring manager, followed by another on-site round of interviews with several people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very specific and scenario-driven. There weren't many generic "what ifs" thrown around. They were situations they are actually dealing with (or have dealt with) in their environment.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

CareerBuilder normally moves fast. I applied, and got a call back later that night. The interview process normally happens in three stages. Phone screen (basic assessment). Then an in person technical interview with the team lead. (If multiple teams are interested, then a team lead from each team will be present). Next, each team lead that is still interested, will invite you for a second in person interview with their team. If multiple teams are interested, you will separate technical interview with each of the team s.

Interview Questions

• Reverse a String & In place string reversal.   Answer Question
    • Determine the Roman Numeral for a given integer.   Answer Question
    • Given an integer, consider each digit as its own number, then report a list of unique numbers, as well as the frequency of each number. (Eg: 12227644 => 1(1x),2(3x),7(1x),6(1x),4(2x).   Answer Question
    • Basic oop questions   Answer Question
    • Write some sql statements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I had no experience. But my advice for others would be to know your worth and walk into the negations with a hard bare minims that you will accept. Then stick to it.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Great interview experience. The recruiter was very thorough and attentive. At our first conversation (supported by Glassdoor reviews), I knew the compensation would be low. After speaking with the Recruiter, I spoke with the manager for the role. We spoke extensively about my experience. During the process, I asked about transit discounts and flexible hours. Unfortunately, the Norcross office appears to offer neither. Though it is a technology company, there appears to be a significant expectation that all work must be done in the office. I'm certain my questions were a turn off for them, as the conversations I was going to have next with three other employees didn't happen. From what I gathered, it seems like a great place to work with opportunities to do very meaningful work, however, work-life balance, appears to have minimal importance at this time.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Most questions were behavioral and really dug into my previous experiences.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

I interviewed in March 2014. The interview process started with a phone screen with Rita Duncan who served as my liaison throughout the process. Next I had a couple Skype interviews with the software developers. Then they flew me from Virginia Beach to Atlanta for an interview. Everyone was nice and it was a good mix of technical and behavioral questions with an emphasis on a coding question.

They arranged and paid for my flight. They arranged my rental car and I had to pay for it -- they said I would get reimbursed. I never got reimbursed despite sending Rita a copy of my receipts multiple times. This made the overall experience negative.

Interview Questions

• Code a Roman numeral generator function in any language   Answer Question