CareerBuilder Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CareerBuilder Software Engineer Interview Questions

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

2 phone interviews, In the first they asked about my resume what all projects I did in any previous internship and second one was technical where I was asked questions about databases and given a scenaio

Interview Questions

• what did you do in your project in the previous internship?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CareerBuilder

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied on school career services website. Started with a phone interview and then a coding question which was email to me after the phone interview. On side interview was fairly straight forward, mostly talked about past project and team work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

They gave me a phone call interview, which involved two developers asking me technical questions. That was followed by an in-person interview consisting of my soon-to-be team lead, my new manager, and myself. That interview was largely centered on personality. I was then offered the position after my background check cleared.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my largest challenge as a programmer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Referred by an employee of the company. Interviewed through phone. Asked about the project I did and resume check. Asked about knowledge in machine learning such as text ming and SQL.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareerBuilder.

Interview

Was recommended to the position by a friend who works there, the interview was done via Skype and I was asked a range of questions... all of them pretty standard for the industry. It was a fairly relaxed process and not unpleasant at all.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was whether or not I have allergies. Apparently allergies are no joke in GA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Atlanta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

First was interviewed over the phone, general questions. A week later I was called in for a second interview at their office. Consisted of technical questions, data structures and a couple of white board questions. The whole process went great but in the end they decided to take on someone graduating early than I was.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that converts Roman numerical to decimal   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

A hiring consultant did a phone screening, which was difficult to judge if I did well on. A week later I came in for a formal interview by two different team leads. I had a couple simple whiteboard programming questions (greatest sum, and string reversal) and one more difficult one (multi threading and load splitting) which I didnt know the complete answer to. I was then invited to come back by one of the team leads to interview with the members of the team. They were very nice and asked basic personality questions. I was impressed with how smart they were and their dress attire, which was basically jeans, a tshirt, and flipflops on one. After that interview i was called back and asked when i wanted to start.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways to reduce bottlenecking when running a multi million emailer batch process with 3 subroutines?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CareerBuilder (Norcross, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

Technical questions started simple - from greatest sum of two adjacent integers in an array, to posing challenging real world problems that they are trying to solve at CareerBuilder.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them the offers I got from other places I interviewed for, they made a competitive offer fairly quick.