CareersUSA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at CareersUSA

2.2

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CareersUSA (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Applied, called within 30 minutes and set up an in person interview that week.

Met with 2 women from another department, not the nicest women. Basically told me that my 3+ years experience in staffing wasn't enough to answer emails....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareersUSA (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

The interview took less than 20 minutes. Job description was painted as incredibly negative- in fairness they want to give an honest picture of the career.

Really wasn't interested in my successes nor even asked about them. Reviewed my work history and simply stated I wasn't what they were looking for.

They are looking for someone with sales, management, AND recruiting background, and willing to accept 50k a year.

Reading the reviews here, along with this interview, this may not be the best opportunity for someone with all those skills as I know recruiters with neither sales nor management experience who make significantly more than 50k.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable making 100 phone calls a day, including cold calling?   Answer Question
    • The pay is 40-50k base plus commission only if you hit quota, how does that sound?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave (previous job)?   Answer Question

CareersUSA Response

Jun 8, 2017 – Executive Vice President

We are very sorry that you had a negative experience. Not every job is for everyone. There is no cold calling in the Branch Manager position nor is someone's salary based on hitting quotas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CareersUSA (Cherry Hill, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a call regarding and Assistant Branch Manager, after a more discussion on the phone, suggested that I interview for Branch Manger. I was scheduled and interview but under suspicious circumstances. They wanted to meet at the local restaurant instead of the their office. It was implied that they were not happy with their current branch manager and didn't want to alarm her that they were thinking of replacing her. I found this very unusual and underhanded, however I agreed. The interview began with a very pessimistic description of the job. The interviewer did not make it sound very appealing at all. He made the job sound like the most unhappiest position in the world. His attempt to be brutally honest was lost on me since I'm more of a motivator and anything is possible kind of thinker. He went on and on for about 45 minutes. Finally I got my chance to speak and we talked about my career path, what I've been doing, we talked in length about it all. Finally, there is the moment when the interview is over. He gave me that we are still interviewing speech and we will let you know. I gave one last speech about my qualifications and how I can be an asset to the company and how I have the drive and determination to be successful in this position. He thanked me and we parted ways. I go in my car and thought "what in the world?". On a lighter note, they did have the decency to call me and tell me they were moving in another direction, someone with more experience (although they bumped me up from Assistant Branch Manager to interviewing for the Branch Manager's role from one phone conversation and they had my resume so they knew my "experience" level). I did appreciate the phone call, most companies send a form letter or don't acknowledge you at all. I was warned about this company but I believe in forming my own judgements by experience and this experience was odd to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Not really a specific question that was hard to answer, just general questions like tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CareersUSA.

Interview

The guy interviewing me was ridiculous. Drunk before 10am...asked alot of weird questions, talked alot about non work related stuff. Also made off color comments about women. Very unprofessional and surprising that was called some type of regional director. Must be a family member or something.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I have a criminal record and was desperate, did not negotiate.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CareersUSA (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Very unprofessional experience by far the worst interview I've ever had! I was interviewed by 2 managers, both of the interviewers arrived late! Beware of this position and company! This position is being offered to replace the person that's leaving the company! Also, they will work you to the bone! During the interview, I was told that I will be making personal arrangements for the department managers, making routine trips for mailing and receiving items via UPS! Also, you will be an administrative assistant to 3 different departments on a daily basis. They're so much work entailed in this job, this goes far beyond an entry level Administrative Assistant position no wonder why the girl I'm supposed to replace is leaving! I was an offered the position but I happily declined.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for CareerUSA?
      Tell us about your background?
      Are you capable with working for several managers?   Answer Question

The interviewers focused more about the fact tnat I made so much money in my previous job! They just talking about it! Also, during my in person, interview on the ladies had her 8year old niece sit in the interviewing room! I thought that was extremely unprofessional!

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareersUSA.

Interview

Very quick interview. Spoke to everyone in the office save for the sales person and office admin. Very to the point, though I would have liked them to tell me a little bit more about the role before applying.

Interview Questions

• Explain outside and inside sales experience. Why do you want to work here? How do you work under pressure?   Answer Question

Customer Represenattive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CareersUSA (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

After I applied online for the customer service position.I was contacted through email for a interview process.However,I had to take a testing first for some reason and then I would be contacted for further asistance on the interview.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CareersUSA.

Interview

They were very diligent and detail oriented and the process was thorough. The people were very courteous and respectful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You should definitely work there if given an offer. They are straight shooters and the job was exactly as explained in the interview.

Temp to Perm Assignment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareersUSA (Plantation, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Not many questions were asked. They just reviewed my resume and asked me basic questions.It did not seem like they cared about my experience and what I was worth, they just wanted to see if I could do their assignment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No option for negotiation.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CareersUSA in February 2012.

Interview

Sent me out to interview for temporary job with their contracting client. Gave me a word processing test and drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. You take the job.