Cargill Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Cargill

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Wayzata, MN

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN) in August 2008.

Interview

The interviews were very straight forward in terms of assessing fit. The questions were aimed at exploring my interest in leadership and general management, which became more intense from the first to the second round. There were also two cases for each round. The cases were very straight forward. The series first case was focused on ideation (first round). Second round cases were focused on geo-political issues and profitability. The interviewers were reluctant to connect with me and I found them very difficult to read. This arms-length approach seems to pervade the Cargill approach to people management.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe hunger exists in the world?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate the offer, which was a mistake. Finding housing and healthcare on my own proved to be pricier than I expected and made the offer less competitive than it did at first blush.

Other Interview Reviews for Cargill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka Mills, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Minnetonka Mills, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly and the interview seemed to go very well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflicting prioritites on multiple projects?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty staright forward. I have an initial phone screening that was about 45 minds. Then got invited to a "talent day" where I interviewed with 3 managers for 45 minutes each. Finally, I will be meeting with a hiring manager to discuss the details of the position. It seems that their hiring staff is independent of the firm, so something aren't in synced.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time where you had to be creative in a project where you didn't have ample clarity.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill in July 2011.

Interview

good process; detailed questions about your prior experience and how you approach analysis of new markets and opportunities; hiring managers were well prepared; opportunity to have second round interview which included one on three situation.

Interview Questions

• name a situation where you had to had courage to push through an idea that at first was rejected or did not get support but in which you believed in strongly? how did the idea turn out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online in May, then talked to some current employees for referral. First phone screening interview with HR for about 45 minutes, then onsite interview with the hiring manager and another 3 interviewers, 45 minutes each. Yet in the end that position was closed due to internal structure change. Total process took about 2 months. HR did a great job keeping me interested and encouraged me to apply for future opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Down to earth, knowledgeable of job, it was a great experience to learn from the employees that have been working there over a certain amount of years. I believe the way they interview really gets a look at who you will be working with over your career there.

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN).

Interview

Lengthy at best-- almost like they didn't know what they were looking for in a candidate or quite frankly how to interview someone who is not an internal candidate. Questions were all over the board. Met with multiple people on multiple occasions. Initially they valued and understood how work from outside of Cargill translated into skills to be used inside the company, but after years inside, you'll come to find that nobody actually cares what volunteer or other work you do outside of the company. If you are a talented person, do not waste your time here. You'll end up with mediocre pay with a ton of mediocre/tedious tasks to fill you day to day schedule.

Interview Questions

• How do interact with people who are much older than yourself?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2008.

Interview

was a long interview process. consisted to 3-4 steps. Excel test by recruiter to check on the microsoft office level. One on one interview and the final step was the panel interview. Final interview consisted to 5 30 min interviews.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

There were four rounds in total. It was one of the most pathetic and disrespectful interviews that I have ever had in my life time. The person who is apparently heading the team believed in the idea of “discrimination” which I believe should be part of interview process. I don’t suggest anyone to be a part of such discriminatory organisation ever in their life.

Interview Questions

• Which language did your school use to communicate with you. If it wasn’t English then you won’t be able to communicate here in Cargill well.   Answer Question