Cargill Commodity Merchant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Commodity Merchant Interview Questions

Interviews at Cargill

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

Met at the college career fair. Was asked to apply online and complete the online assessment. Heard back a week later about first round behavioral based Skype interview. After the Skype interview, was called later that day for final round talent day invitation. Flew the candidates out to Minneapolis for final round interview. Had three 1-on-1 interviews with senior traders with all behavioral and experience related questions. Was called back 2 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cargill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Took a long personality test online. Received a phone call a few days later. Had a phone interview then was flown to Cargill in Minnesota for two sets of interviews both with one trader and one human resources people.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. One question was something to the effect of "what factors would you look at when making a trading decision."   2 Answers

Commodity Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Received an initial phone interview that lasted 45 minutes, general questions regarding prior work experience, some scenarios, and questions about personality. Had an on site interview that lasted almost 2 hours with 4 different people. Same general questions as phone interview plus questions that the interviewers were given to ask - like a script. Followed up the on site interview with a 4 hour job shadow.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me your most difficult work situation, the negative criticism you received, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Commodities Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online which involved completing a personality test. A few weeks later, I had a Skype interview. The interview was fairly easy if you are good at behavioral questions. I was invited to their headquarters in Minneapolis for a talent day. The talent day consisted of 3 rounds of 45 minute interviews. Again, it was more behavioral questions. It was an excellent experience, as I really enjoyed everyone that I met that day. I was very impressed with the company.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond to a team member that was not carrying their weight during a group project? Would you do their work for them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult time in your life and how you responded.   Answer Question
    • When is a time when you had to think on your feet?   Answer Question

Commodity Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill in November 2015.

Interview

Completed a phone interview after 10 days from applying. Phone interview was simple nothing too challenging. Why do you want the job? What makes you suited for the job? Flew me into Minneapolis after that for a 'talent day'. They fed us and put us through 3 rounds of interviews with current merchants. Basic technical questions with some scripted ones.