Cargill Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Interview

Interview

Two people interviewed me, one from HR and one being a engineer. They were both very attentive and responsive. Behavioral questions were asked then they prompted me to ask them any questions I may have.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cargill

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Fully qualified, resume almost exactly what they were needing with 20 years experience. HR initially reached out and wanted to set up interview then never responded. Very unprofessional. Tried several times as well as called the Cargill recruiter and after he initially reached out then disappeared.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I wanted to schedule an interview then never responded to my responses.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Ames, IA) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview took place the day after the Engineering Career Fair at Iowa State University. The 30 minute on-campus interview consisted of friendly conversation including STAR type questions for the interview. Overall, a very relaxed and simple process. I found the environment at the plants I interned at to be very similar. Down to earth people and a friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to gain someone's trust.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I interviewed at Cargill (Dayton, OH) in February 2012.

Interview

I sought out Cargill looking for a job. They forwarded my resume onto the appropriate person. I was contacted a few weeks later. An interview was set up. I met with my department manager and plant engineer. A few weeks later I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I ACCEPTED their initial offer. A few weeks later they made me a second better offer.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill in June 2010.

Interview

easy

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in December 2009.

Interview

started with phone interview then I was scheduled for on-site interview. consist of plant tour launch then three sessions for 45 min each . what was interesting everyone is asking the same questions . sounds like they have a form to fill.

Interview Questions

• How can you mange people trying to give input in fields outside there specialty?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill in September 2008.

Interview

Full day, group of college seniors brought in for tours of HQ, group presentations. Had three 1:1 interviews. Two behavioral interviews, one technical.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this company? Have you considered other careers or graduate school?   Answer Question

Location offered was not attractive.