Cargill Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Human Resources Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN).

Interview

I applied for a position I found on Indeed and within a week or two was contacted for a phone interview. I had a 30 minute phone interview with HR -- very basic HR phone interview. After that, I interviewed in person with a team of about 6 managers. I had four 45 minute interviews with either 1-2 people at a time. Most of the interviewers were very laid back and not intimating. There was one person that asked me several behavioral based questions. Within two days of interviewing, they made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you put yourself in a challenging or uncomfortable situation for your own personal development?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cargill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

THINK TWICE. This was the most 1-way and INAPPROPRIATE interview process I ever experienced. I would recommend being very careful in considering to interview with this company. In particular, think twice about giving reference information early in the process as they may not keep information collected confidential.

STEP 1: The process started with phone screen, then continued with several phone-based interviews.
    STEP 2: The next phase included a visit to the offices in MN for a full day of 1:1 interviews. After traveling to MN, they ushered me into a conference room and interviewers came in one after the other to interview me all day. They did not ask me if I wanted to see the environment / office or allow me to see a common work space. In a follow-up call, they asked me what I thought of the company and I let them know that I would like to actually see the office / workspace in a future visit.
    STEP 3: After passing that round, I was asked to complete an online referral process where I they asked for contact information on 2 previous managers, 2 current peers and 2 or more individuals who reported to me to give online feedback. This was very UNCOMFORTABLE at this phase of the process. Typically, referrals are used at the end of he process, when a candidate is leaning heavily toward taking the opportunity, not in the middle. This required that I disclosed that I was interviewing to several co-workers who provided referrals. Although the input was collected online, which was convenient for colleagues, they were given a very short timeframe, I believe 3-4 days, to provide the input.
    STEP 4: After that moving past that phase, I was asked to come back to MN and participate in an intensive executive assessment. The pre-work for the day's visit involved doing 4 hours of online personality assessments and tests. They requested that the pre-work be completed within 5 days during a working week. The assessments in-person involved 8 hours of additional online tests, simulations, and in-depth interviews.
    STEP 5: After the day, the hiring manager did not call me for 2 weeks. I felt like I had spent a day in an X-ray booth for them and now they left me hanging without any feedback or contact. They did call 2 weeks later providing very little explanation of the delay and then asked for more references. I had given 2 former, recent bosses who had left the company and they asked for more current co-workers / bosses. I thought this was completely INAPPROPRIATE.
    STEP 6: I continued in the process and gave them additional references. The individuals who they spoke to as my references told me that the conversations were very unusual. Two of the references said that the recruiter told them about input collected from the online referrals and executive assessment. AGAIN, completely INAPPROPRIATE.

Although a few months have past, I thought I was clear of this NEGATIVE experience. Well they were once again INAPPROPRIATE. One of their recruiters called one of my references and asked for ideas on candidates for another role. I REGRET giving them any reference information. They did not treat information confidentially or participate in the process professionally.

Interview Questions

• If you stay at your current employer, what is next for you?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Went through three interviews. One through the phone and two with the HR manager and HR supervisor. The phone call were conducted by Cargill's recruiter and asked more general questions such as why you are interested in Cargill. The face to face interview were very focused on the resume and asked detailed specific behaviour-based questions.

Interview Questions

• If you past employer would use three words to describe you, what are they? please give example to support the words.   Answer Question