Cargill Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.9

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Columbus, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online and through my college, got an emailing saying I got an on campus interview, met with 3 head engineers for different co-op positions, very personable and knowledgeable, will be receiving a follow-up email within a week or two

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cargill

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Applied online through university career website, contacted me within a week and set up an interview on campus. The interview was set up as panel but it resulted in one person talking while the other two employees sat there and looked at me. It was uncomfortable to say the least.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Madison, WI).

Interview

Recruiters on campus and interviews also conducted on campus. Less than a week process for the interview portion and heard offer information in less than 2 weeks. Very willing to answer questions and offer plenty of opportunities to learn more about the company before applying.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult teammate and how you overcame that.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No option to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2012.

Interview

Online Application, Initial Interview, Call Back, Final interview at Headquarters, Offer

Interview Questions

• What issues will companies like Cargill be faced with in the next year?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were areas to negotiate, but they have a great base pay for their intern program.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

The manager was very nice. Besides having questions with him, he also gave me a background of the department and what they were really doing? How I could get success there and How I could improve myself in the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Called me for a half hour conversation.

Wasn't especially difficult but the interviewer wasn't that friendly.

Overall good experience, I learned a lot about the company. It was a good experience if I ever want to apply again later.

Interview Questions

• describe your ideal interview environment   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

30 minute behavioural with two senior employees. Pretty standard process that did not take long at all. Applied in early fall and had the offer by the first week of November

Interview Questions

• Describe how you can manage customer relationships better than others   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Manhattan, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Met at a college career fair, was invited for a next day interview.
    Interview took place at the college career center and lasted an hour. Focused heavily on behavioral interview questions. Was asked to use the STAR method to answer. Received a phone call offer two days later. Very fast and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you and another disagreed on something important? How did you work through that issue?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you had to listen closely to what someone was saying even when it was hard to listen to?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when others were doing something you knew to be wrong or dangerous. How did you react?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in May 2013.

Interview

It was a very nice interview. The managers were very kindly and it made me comfortable to talk about me. They do not wanted to know about my skills or experiences, they just want to know how a would do if I face some situations. Then they like me and you get a offer and I accept to work for they until now.

Interview Questions

• How would you do if some coworkers don't accept your suggestion?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Fayetteville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruit at a University job fair, I have the entreview the next day. The personnel were very nice and friendly but professional. They will select the right candidate within a month.

Interview Questions

• Recall a situation when you have a conflict with a co-worker, how do you handle the situation and what was the outcome.   Answer Question