Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

185 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN).

Interview

Applied online for Sourcing Analyst, received phone interview with HR within a week. A week later I was offered a face-to-face interview with the recruiting team on Senior Sourcing Analyst. I was not selected for the position. All interviews were very behavioral based, which is normal for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult boss or person   Answer Question

Utility Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I applied to the position and was contacted by hr. Had a phone interview with them and then a few days later received an email for an interview. It was very different, I came in and took a small math test while I waited. Then I met with two managers and they more discussed the plant and the open positions than asked questions. Then I was given a tour by a third manager.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanger, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Sanger, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Waited for about 20 Minutes, seemed to go ok, Interviewer was very friendly, and informative. but was still not hired, but I appreciate being notified by email. So I knew to keep looking for another job

Interview Questions

• What did I know about about company? I Advised only what I had looked up on the internet.
      Prior employment?
      He told me the hours available a d if that was ok? 2nd & 3rd shift.
      Why was I applying there?   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Cargill website. About a week later an HR person set up a phone interview. The interview was with the HR person and an Engineering Manager. HR asked typical behavioral questions. Her personality was pretty arrogant and a lot of the questions asked were expressed as if I was not good enough to work for the company. The engineering manager was easier to talk to. He wanted to know more about my research experience and tried to dig deeper about technical problems I faced during my work experience. I was not at all prepared for the interview so my performance was less than mediocre. It took them less than a week to tell me that I didn't make it to the next stage. Advice to applicants. Be prepared for typical HR interview questions like the ones I posted below. Be prepared for technical questions from management about what YOU did during your work experience. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I answered their questions and then you have time to ask them any questions that you have about the position or the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cargill?
      What drew your interest about this particular position?
      Why did you leave your last company?
      What are 2 - 3 factors most important to you that you look for in a company?
      What would your previous supervisor say about your strengths?
      What would your previous supervisor say about your weaknesses?
      What are you looking to make? (Didn't want to answer but Interviewer kept on pushing)
      Tell me more about your internship experience. (Follow up questions about how you approached a technical problem with ambiguity)   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayzata, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Wayzata, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied and had a phone call the next day from a recruiter and set up a phone interview quickly. Was very impressed how fast it was. Then after the phone interview no word after the recruiter had said it went extremely well with her and I would be set up within a week for face to face interviews. It was nearly 3 weeks with no communication as the email address I had no longer worked. I got a call from a higher level recruiter saying the person I interviewed with no longer worked there and she was handling. She apologized and set up a face to face a week later with 6 different individuals. The interviews were in pairs and for 1 hour each (3 hours total) and were very professional. Since then it has been nearly a month and I've sent emails and voice mails to the recruiter for some feedback and how the process was going. I have heard nothing and found out through a contact that I didn't get the job but never got it officially from anyone at Cargill. I was very disappointed that they never took the time to give feedback and/or to let me know the status of the job.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know a lot about my background in team and people development.   Answer Question

Commodities Merchant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online which involved completing a personality test. A few weeks later, I had a Skype interview. The interview was fairly easy if you are good at behavioral questions. I was invited to their headquarters in Minneapolis for a talent day. The talent day consisted of 3 rounds of 45 minute interviews. Again, it was more behavioral questions. It was an excellent experience, as I really enjoyed everyone that I met that day. I was very impressed with the company.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond to a team member that was not carrying their weight during a group project? Would you do their work for them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult time in your life and how you responded.   Answer Question
    • When is a time when you had to think on your feet?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill (Manhattan, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

First, I interviewed on campus at university recruiting. Then, I did an original interview with HR, then had 3 separate phone interviews with 6 executives total. Was contacted by the VP of Sales directly saying I was better fit for an outside sales position they had open and they were going to offer me that job. Got another call a week later saying they were excited for the position and they were putting together the offer package. Never heard back from them since. Tried following up via phone and email several times. Cargill is so big that oftentimes the right side does not communicate with the left.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It starts with the basic taleo experience. The same process as every big company. About two weeks later their HR department called me 4 to 5 times in the span of 2 hours to schedule an appointment. I was working in the lab at the time so it was a tad rude and odd. After the 5th call I pick up and to my surprise it is Cargill. We schedule a brief phone interview a few days later. It was just a simple personality questionnaire, but I could barely understand the person on the other end. They're already looking very off the ball from my perspective at this point in the process.

I was notified by email a few days later to schedule an interview with the hiring manager. Their email specifically said that the interview would be behavioral based questions. Of course, when I do finally have the interview the first thing the hiring manager tells me is that it will be based on technical questions. Cute trick Cargill. That way, you never get to know the candidate in a relaxed atmosphere. I was immediately disappointed and felt ill prepared. The interviewer was nice and asked about my previous research. This went on for almost 90 minutes and I was told they would have things figured out hopefully by the end of the week, but no promises. I sent a follow up email after not hearing anything and was told they would inform me as to the next steps in the process. I never heard from them again despite my efforts. They didn't keep their word on the communication end, had what appeared to be an internal miscommunication, and were a horrible representation of a company. I wouldn't apply again.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview with human research, in 30 minutes and polite communication. The started the interview by stating that it was a relaxed interview and they just wanted to get to know me and He asked regular interview questions.

Process Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lecompte, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cargill (Lecompte, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with the plant manager and site supervisor. It lasted about 45 minutes. They ask me about my past experiences and how they'll make me a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience operating a forklift or any other heavy equipment?   Answer Question