Cargill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Called me for a half hour conversation.

Wasn't especially difficult but the interviewer wasn't that friendly.

Overall good experience, I learned a lot about the company. It was a good experience if I ever want to apply again later.

Interview Questions

• describe your ideal interview environment   1 Answer

Utility Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I applied to the position and was contacted by hr. Had a phone interview with them and then a few days later received an email for an interview. It was very different, I came in and took a small math test while I waited. Then I met with two managers and they more discussed the plant and the open positions than asked questions. Then I was given a tour by a third manager.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanger, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cargill (Sanger, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Waited for about 20 Minutes, seemed to go ok, Interviewer was very friendly, and informative. but was still not hired, but I appreciate being notified by email. So I knew to keep looking for another job

Interview Questions

• What did I know about about company? I Advised only what I had looked up on the internet.
      Prior employment?
      He told me the hours available a d if that was ok? 2nd & 3rd shift.
      Why was I applying there?
      1 Answer

Production Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinsburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Martinsburg, PA).

Interview

Very thorough. Two people went back and forth asking a set amount of questions and documenting every response. Definitely asked all the difficult questions. Have to take a three page written math test but was allowed to use a calculator.

Interview Questions

• Name what your past employer would say your greatest strength and weekness is and give examples   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through the Cargill website. About a week later an HR person set up a phone interview. The interview was with the HR person and an Engineering Manager. HR asked typical behavioral questions. Her personality was pretty arrogant and a lot of the questions asked were expressed as if I was not good enough to work for the company. The engineering manager was easier to talk to. He wanted to know more about my research experience and tried to dig deeper about technical problems I faced during my work experience. I was not at all prepared for the interview so my performance was less than mediocre. It took them less than a week to tell me that I didn't make it to the next stage. Advice to applicants. Be prepared for typical HR interview questions like the ones I posted below. Be prepared for technical questions from management about what YOU did during your work experience. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I answered their questions and then you have time to ask them any questions that you have about the position or the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cargill?
      What drew your interest about this particular position?
      Why did you leave your last company?
      What are 2 - 3 factors most important to you that you look for in a company?
      What would your previous supervisor say about your strengths?
      What would your previous supervisor say about your weaknesses?
      What are you looking to make? (Didn't want to answer but Interviewer kept on pushing)
      Tell me more about your internship experience. (Follow up questions about how you approached a technical problem with ambiguity)
      1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Interview took place on-site at a university career fair. Fairly standard questions, very reasonable, very personable. I was not asked to, but i used the STAR method to answer questions, and they want me to proceed with the hiring process. Experience and loyalty to the company seemed to be key.

Freezer Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Fresno, CA).

Interview

10 year background check. Two interviews before you move on to third and final meeting. Then tour of facility and then 2 day orientation in a classroom setting. Its very cold wet and blood but if you can push through it Cargill is a very good company with a lot to offer.

Interview Questions

• There were a lot so be prepared.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Gainesville, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on line. It took about a week and I had a phone interview that went well. Then two weeks later I had a face to face interview with four people. The interview in total took just under two hours. It went well and I was very comfortable. I hope to get an office soon.

Interview Questions

• What attributes do you have that set you aside from others?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Manhattan, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Met at a college career fair, was invited for a next day interview.
    Interview took place at the college career center and lasted an hour. Focused heavily on behavioral interview questions. Was asked to use the STAR method to answer. Received a phone call offer two days later. Very fast and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you and another disagreed on something important? How did you work through that issue?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that you had to listen closely to what someone was saying even when it was hard to listen to?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when others were doing something you knew to be wrong or dangerous. How did you react?   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Some hire staffs staying thier booth and when interviees come their booth they start interview they get interviee's resume and ask about background, skills and what did you take in university coursesThey focus about what interviee's answer and If they have questions from interviee's answer they ask of that again.