Cargill Accounting Analyst, Structured Finance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Accounting Analyst, Structured Finance Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Cargill

1 Interview Review

Accounting Analyst, Structured Finance Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopkins, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Hopkins, MN) in April 2013.

Interview

The process took a few weeks from when I applied to when I was called for a phone screen. Then it was another week or so before I heard back that I had been selected for an office interview. The entire process took a little over a month to be completed.

The interview was conducted in 3 rounds of 45 minute interviews with two people interviewing you at a time who worked for Structured Finance. It was a mix of managers and staff, each with their own sets of questions, and was rather disorganized as neither would take the lead in guiding the interview process. I also had to repeatedly answer the same question for each new group of interviewers as it was obvious no one had compared notes about what would be asked.

The people were nice and listened intently to my answers to their questions. Everything was behavioral based; some unique questions specific to my resume and experience, others the standard "what are your weaknesses and strengths".

Although I considered this a good interview, I could tell by the time the senior manager came into the room that the group was looking for someone who would say "I want to stay in Structured Finance forever". Most of the staff started at Cargill as their first job out of college and have been obtaining graduate education etc, but only to continue their career in their group. Even the Sr. Mgr. said that Cargill is very insular, each business line/unit only putzing around with their specific product and having little awareness or care of what happens in other parts of the company if it doesn't directly relate to their work product.

Though the group works in a very unique niche of financial services, on hindsight I am glad they did not make me an offer as the work culture is very stagnant in comparison to other public companies of its size.

As a helpful FYI, the salary being offered was less than $65K; HR hinted it floated in the high $50Ks with performance bonus included in the compensation...but work hours were about 50 hrs/wk half the time.

Interview Questions

• None. Review your basic behavioral questions and you'll do fine.   Answer Question