Cargill Engineering Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cargill Engineering Co-Op Interview Questions

Interviews at Cargill

2.4

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cargill in October 2014.

Interview

I talked to them at the SWE Societal Conference Career Fair. The interview was all behavioral and the interviewer asked very basic questions. They focused on group and individual work. Just show them that you are a genuine person who knows more about the company than just the name.

The called me about a week and a half later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Cargill.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cargill

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cargill in February 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a university career fair. I received a call the next day asking me to come in for an interview. The interview was simple and straightforward. The interviewer was nice, and we had a good conversation. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I was contacted very soon after with a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cargill (Madison, WI) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was behavioral based questioning. They look for three parts, what the problem was, what you did to fix the problem and what the results were. It was one on one with a fellow engineer. They look for real life examples of situations.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you were challenged and how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cargill (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

On-Campus recruiting interview. Basic behavioral questions and plenty of time to ask the interviewers questions. Overall good experience, nothing far from the norm. There were two people who interviewed me and they were both very nice.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when the requirements for a project changed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill (Grand Forks, ND) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview, lots of behavioral questions and it was two individuals who intervened me. It took around 30-40 mins but I didn't hear anything back from the company till 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to take the lead to get something done?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cargill (Lincoln, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

Met on campus with the regional recruiter and an engineer. Their questions are entirely STAR based. They never asked me anything about my resume or about my past experiences.

They wouldn’t even look at me when I was speaking, just kept writing what I was saying word for word. It was incredibly awkward, and felt more like a test than a conversation like a good interview should be...

They don’t care who you are, what you’ve accomplished, where you’ve worked, they only want answers to those outdated questions everyone already has a preprepared response for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you solved a problem. Be specific. Very specific. We’ll stop you if you’re not specific enough. Let me get my pen ready... ok go!   1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cargill in October 2018.

Interview

Basic behavioral type questions. The recruiters were very easy to talk to and understanding if you took a minute to think things through.

Communication after the interview could be better.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you overcame a stereotype.

What new trend or advancement in your field of study do you think will have a large impact on your education and future career?   Answer Question

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cargill in September 2011.

Interview

I met them at the Texas A&M University's Engineering Career Fair. They called me later that day and set up an interview for the very next day for a CO-OP position. It was a very easy and straight forward phone interview that lasted around 20 minutes. The interviewer asked the standard behavioral questions. With one business related question thrown in.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a disagreement with someone and how it turned out.   Answer Question
    • What separates you from everyone else?   Answer Question